training

Naruto's POV

I woke up begrudgingly. The artificial light shined and glistened off the calm lake that was a ways away. I took in the scenery and breathed in the fresh air that rustled the fur that surrounded me.

I looked up to see Kurama doing the same as me. Even though I was this world's creator, I was entranced with it's beauty. Small yellow flowers covered the vibrant green grass, trees littered the ground occasionally, silhouettes of mountains could be seen in the distance and the lake that twisted around reflected the fluffy clouds perfectly. The body of water merged with a small waterfall that poured over rocks in an almost tranquil way.

Behind the waterfall I could picture a cave full of secrets that only I knew, well... Kurama too. He knows everything. I smiled at this thought not minding too much. While others judged me, I knew that he was one of the only people who wouldn't. I don't think he would judge me even if I killed someone... Though then again, he wouldn't be in the place to judge.

Not that it matters now. Not in the world I was in right now. Life doesn't care if you're a good or bad person. Sadly, those who are supposedly evil obtain the most, and those who try their hardest have to suffer the consequences of the ones who stole their happiness.

Regardless of what you do, life will run it's course, and eventually everyone who's alive will be dead. But it's not something to be sad about. It's natural. It's beautiful... Only if it's natural of course. I don't believe humans deserve to take it into their own hands to decide who lives and who does.

It's not my place to judge others either. I don't know them inside and out so who am I to say whether someone is good or evil. That's how I see it at least. No one's truly good nor evil. We're all a mixture of both.

I sighed, there's something about nature that gets me thinking about the wonders of life such as morals. I absorbed the view before me one last time before I looked back at Kurama.

"Hey kit, what are you going to do once you go back? I don't want to watch you get hurt anymore."

I thought for a moment, asking myself the same question. A part of me never wanted to wake up, to stay with Kurama for the rest of my life. Here, in the most beautiful place I could ever imagine, literally. Realistically though, that couldn't happen, and it wouldn't be healthy either.

What should I do? I couldn't avoid pain unless I secluded myse- wait. I don't have to completely do that... But if I moved out then I could at least not get hurt at home. I'd miss my family, but I know that they'd be better off without me. I don't think they'd notice I was gone either.

Where'd I go though? Reading my mind Kurama answered, "we could build our own house!" My eyes widened at the idea. I looked down at my small body. There was no way I'd be able to build a house like this. Even with rigorous training I wouldn't be able to build it, especially by myself.

I frowned as I realized I had to wait till I was older. I brightened up as I said, "Maybe jiji will let me get an apartment!" Kurama only nodded, seeming deep in thought.

After a few moments he frowned, "Kit, I'm worried about you. If you'll let me, I'd like to teach you. I want you to be strong."

3rd person

Naruto's eyes widened as he heard what the fox was saying. Everytime anyone showed him love it felt like needles in his heart. Not because he disliked the attention. No, it was because it made his mistreatment even more noticable and hard to ignore.

"I-I would love that! But, how would you teach me in here?"

"Well, while you can't cast jutsu or build physical strength here, I can help build your knowledge. I am thousands of years old after all. And while you're not here I can telepathically talk to you, and guide you in your training process," He explained.