TMROTRPATGYL c24

Episode 24: An Unexplained Invitation

Today was a dizzying but fulfilling day. A great deal of progress was made towards the investigation into the true nature of Lainie's demon stone and vampirism.

Lainie has reported that her senses changed ever since she channeled magic through her demon stone. I'll have to keep better track of the details in the future. So far, things are going well. So much so that I want to sing.

Exploration is good. Through it, I learn things I didn't know and absorb them as my own knowledge. I can only imagine what Lainie will be able to do in the future, and I feel my dreams expanding as I imagine the possibilities. I feel elated with such visions.

Even as the night drags on, the light is on in my room and the scribbling of a pen can be heard. There is a limit to what I can remember, so I write down my thoughts for a record. It's an unimportant list of notes, and even if someone other than me sees it, they likely won't be able to grasp the exact meaning.

Suddenly, someone knocks on my door, as if to mark the exact moment I set down my pen.

"Who is it?" (Anis)

"Dear Anis, it's me." (Euphie)

"Euphie? I'll open the door. You can come in." (Anis)

It was Euphie's voice from behind the door. I opened it to find her standing there, having already finished getting ready for bed. I invited her into my room and began prepping tea.

"You can sit down while I get you some tea." (Anis)

"You know why I'm here. We need to talk." (Euphie)

"Yeah, I kinda got it." (Anis)

Euphie sat down as I prepared tea for two. I sat down, facing Euphie, as I took a sip of tea. My body, which had been focused on writing until a few minutes ago, was a little stiff, so I stretched my arms to loosen it.

Euphie also sipped her tea, before gently sighing. She seemed to be wondering how she should start the conversation, so I decided to wait for her.

"...It's hard to be vulnerable." (Euphie)

"Hm?" (Anis)

"I didn't know Lord Anis and Lord Algard were estranged." (Euphie)

"I didn't want it to be publicly known. It's a well-known fact that Allie and I don't get along, even if the reason is unclear." (Anis)

It's out of my control, I would say. I have no choice but to accept it as the result of my thoughtless actions.

At the time, I didn't give a single thought to the weight of my right to the throne. I would not be king. I optimistically wrote it off, believing Allie would be king.

I thought I would support him in the future as his older sister. I thought that as long as I could research magic while helping Allie, there would be no problem.

I was too thoughtless and shortsighted. The incident that led to my estrangement with Allie was one of my painful failures.

However, I can't keep feeling sorry for myself. To be honest, it would be a lie to say I don't feel wary towards Allie. I wonder why he doesn't understand me.

I never intended to hurt him. I never wanted to become his enemy. I didn't want him to worry about what other people said. I always thought it would be good if Allie became king and became a great person. I really wanted to tell him that. I wanted him to understand.

But, if I can't get through to him, then there's no point in trying to understand each other. If that's the case, I should just live my life and avoid Allie. Under this mindset, the relationship between Allie and I grew cold.