TMROTRPATGYL c30

Episode 30: The Future Monarch (Part 1)

There are many that believe Princess Anne-Sophia Winn Palette is unworthy of royalty.

She lacks magical talent, and she behaves unroyally. Additionally, she is so absorbed in her mysterious inventions that she shuts herself in the detached palace.

However, there are still many people who support Anne-Sophia Winn Palette. It is those who understand her new concept of magical science and those who see her for who she is.

While she isn't worthy in some respects, she has done much to make up for it. That's why, it may be Anne-Sophia who is heard among whispers when the stakes are raised.

Of course, the most spoken evaluations of Anne-Sophia are from the perspective of the aristocracy.

But then, how do average citizens living in this country feel about Anne-Sophia?

It is Euphilia Magenta, the daughter of the duke intertwined with a strange fate, who follows the truth of the situation.

How does she see Anne-Sophia Winn Palette?

/////

Euphie POV:

My name is Euphie Magenta. Daughter of the Duke of Magenta, who pledges loyalty to the Kingdom of Palette. Perhaps that is the easiest way to describe my identity?

Currently, I am walking around the castle town, dressed in simple commoner clothing, instead of the sparkling dresses I usually wear. Next to me is Anise, this country's princess.

Her platinum-colored hair, common to royalty, is tucked into her hat as to remain inconspicuous, as she walks through the castle town in practiced manner.

"This way, Euphie." (Anise)

"Ah, yes. Anise-sama..." (Euphie)

"We're in disguise, so please, drop the -sama." (Anise)

I look down, feeling heat grow on my cheeks, as Anise-sama smiles happily at me.

Yes. Today we're walking around the castle town as a sneak visit.

It all started the other day due to Algarde-sama's troublesome quarrel. During the fight, my personal mana sword, Arc-en-ciel, was damaged and needed to be repaired. I left the repairs to a blacksmith in the castle town.

Since then, our days have been hectic and busy. However, it was Anise-sama who bore the brunt of the work. After all, her brother, Algarde-sama, was disowned and sent to a remote area.

With this, Anise-sama became the first place in the succession to the throne. Since then, I have been stuck dealing with a series of visits by those attempting to discern the true reason behind Algarde-sama's disownment.

Finally, today, in my spare time, Anise-sama invited me to come down to the castle town to pick up Arc-en-ciel.

I thought to bring an escort, but Anise-sama insisted we go alone during the sneak visit. She told me she would take me out on her own and before I knew it, I was being escorted out to the castle town.

I don't hate stealth, but now that you're so close to the throne, I wish you'd be more concerned about safety.

"Do you go to the castle-town often?" (Anise)

"No, not much..." (Euphie)

"What about inspections?" (Anise)

"Well, yes, but considering my father..." (Euphie)

I didn't enjoy inspections too much because my status would always frighten commoners. Still, when it comes to inspections, we must see the lives of the people and grasp many things. I do miss that kind of thinking a little.