Chapter 9: Aftermath

Morning came by like a gentle ray of light, as if wanting not to disrupt the peace of the two mates who laid entangled with each other.

Namjoon was the first to wake up, muted knocks on his door alerting his consciousness. Groggily sitting up, he carefully got off bed being mindful to not wake up his mate.

Opening the door, he was greeted by Hoseok.

"Good morning."
"Morning. I'm sorry to disturb, but just wanted to make sure you guys are fine. Jason's 'bouta be back from his 'vacation' trip this evening." The elder informed. Namjoon nodded, not pleased at the mention of the beta.

"Hobi, ask the team to gather after breakfast. We need a talk, and I have some things to enquire." The elder nodded and bid bye to the chief.

Namjoon returned to his room to see his mate still asleep. Exhaustion was evident in his features. He didn't know why he just noticed but Seokjin's usually rosy skin looked paler, eyes framed with bags and he'd definitely lost weight.
That worried Namjoon as the opposite should've happened. It had just been hours since the omega told him he was expecting and already he felt his protective instincts kick in.

That made sense though. Now he finally understood why he felt so much more restless than usual when he was away from his mate. Now it made sense why he almost went insane the last few weeks.
His mate was pregnant. His instincts were signaling him of that.

Sitting beside the elder's sleeping figure, he gently ran his fingers through the omega's soft locks. The male was looking so peaceful and it crushed the alpha at how much time he'd missed with his love.

He moved his hand to his mate's that where wrapped around his abdomen protectively. Despite trying for a bit, Namjoon was rather unsuccessful at trying to feel the baby.

"You're protecting her even when you're asleep, love..." He chuckled as tears pricked his eyes. "I will do everything to protect you both. Always."

The alpha placed his hand over his mate's, cracking a smile. No matter how unexpected, their baby was a gift from destiny. She was the reason for their unity now. She was the medium for which the two mates finally broke all bounds.

Placing a gentle kiss on Seokjin's forehead, he headed to freshen up. He decided on letting the elder rest longer as it was much needed. 

Seokjin stirred from his sleep, mind finally gaining consciousness due to the lack of warmth from his mate. He startled awake as his subconsciousness got a hold of the void of his mate's presence. 

The omega groggily sat up on the bed. He was still in a half asleep state and his mind was extremely panicked.

Seokjin could tell he was about to have a panic attack. He's not had one any time soon, he was grateful. It was excruciating every time.
The boy did his best to control his breathing but he was still struggling.

But, before he finally gave up against the panic attack he felt arms wrap around him and instantly he relaxed to his mate's warmth. He let the younger pull him on his lap and he buried his face in Namjoon's chest.

"What happened?!" The trueblood asked in concern, a gentle hand rubbing his back soothingly.

"Y-you weren't here w-when I woke up... Thought you... left..." Seokjin's voice came out muffled but Namjoon understood regardless  It was enough though. A splurge of guilt hit him as realization set in of how much he'd damaged his mate. But more so about how much his mate believed in him despite the odds of being hurt again. His eyes stung as he wondered why such a pure soul like Jin had to endure so much.
He whispered sweet nothings to soothe his beloved, placing gentle kisses on the elder's skin.

"I'm so sorry, Jin-ah... I'm so so so sorry. I promise I'll do my best to be better from now. I'll make it up to you, love..." His voice shook as he whispered the words and his mate tightened his hold on him.

"I know..." Jin whispered softly, hopefully. A hope that would later on blossom to reality. Their light in the darkness it'll be. Hopefully.

And in a long time, things were better between the mates. They had a looooong way before them, one with a broken trust and cracked heart while another had to prove his worth. But as they held one another, they knew they'd succeed working this out.

But right now, they had a battle waiting. Just like their baby girl was fighting to hold onto her eomma, they'll fight to make her proud.

-----------
going around updating one by one.
i feel shitty so this this meh escape
<\3
hope ya'll enjoy this short chapter

faizah,
signing off~~~