Chapter 6 (Part 2)

Zhou Jing finally found some vines. He didn't know what kind of vines it was, but it was durable enough to use on bows and arrows.

Dozens of arrows and two bamboo poles with sharpened ends were made.

It was already noon when everything was ready, and the two Shen brothers were waiting for him to eat together.

Hearing the sound of the grass door, Shen Mo hurried out and seemed relieved as he saw Zhou Jing.

"You're back, let's eat quickly, the food has been ready for a long time."

Shen Lin cried out after Shen Mo finished: "Where did you go, not even saying a word. If you haven't had came back right now, Big brother was about to hurry over to find you."

Zhou Jing forgot the time while making bows and arrows, and didn't realise the morning passed so quickly. At this time, there were no mobile phone or something similar, making is really difficult to find someone. But he didn't expect that, he made Shen Mo anxious over nothing.

"Sorry, I forgot to mention in advance, I will inform you next time I go out." Zhou Jing then took out the bows and arrows he made and handed it to Shen Mo. "I was busy making these things. Or else, I don't dare to think about catching any pheasants or the similar sort when we go up the mountains in the afternoon."

But it was very rare to hold these tools in Shen Mo's hands. This kind of things were only found with the families of old hunters, and the common farmers only had hoes and sickles with them.

Shen Lin took a look, and thought the tools were very rare to have.

He stared brightly at the bow and arrow, then asked: "How could you make this?"

Wang Jing had no experience or knowledge about these, so of course he couldn't make these tools. Zhou Jing didn't know how to answer that, but Shen Mo spoke instead: "Zhou Jing has never made it before, how could we know if he knew to make it or not? Come on, let's hurry up and eat, we have to go to the mountains after the meal."

Shen Lin's further questions were forgotten when Shen Mo stuffed the hunting tools at his hands, watching it with joy as this things were rare to see for them. But of course, he didn't forgot to eat.

The two pair of husbands went up the mountains after the meal
They were full and didn't have to worry about labour activities and working with an empty stomach. On the contrary, as they have just finished eating a few minutes ago, they still have enough energy.

With their goal of hunting wild animals, the two went all the way up to the mountains, and walked deeper than other villagers would. After walking some distance, Shen Mo was against walking any deeper.

"If we go any deeper, we might encounter wild boars or some sort. If it gets dangerous, we won't be able to leave easily."

With their strengths right now, Shen Mo and Zhou Jing would not be able to protect themselves against large preys such as wild boars.

"Also, since no villagers visit such a deep place, we can dig up a lot of things from here." Shen Mo said as he looked around the area.

There were mushrooms and such under the roots of a few trees, which can be delicious after cooking.

Zhou Jing agreed and the two of them squatted on the ground and dig around for a long time, but even if he dug and dug, Zhou Jing's basket behind was not full at all.

Zhou Jing felt a little discouraged, if he relies on the mountains to fill their belly, then his little husband's tummy will never be full and satisfied.

From his swatting place, he looked towards Shen Mo, he could clearly see the thin back of his little husband. Shen Mo squatted down on the ground and curled up a bit.

Zhou Jing's heart suddenly seemed to be sour as he took on his little husband's thin curled up body.

"Xiao Mo, do you know where my injury took place? I want to go and have a look." Zhou Jing just remembered that when he had headed for the meeting abroad, he wore a large watch pricing several hundred thousands on his hand. That thing is mechanical, and durable. If he could find it, then no matter the condition of the watch, it would probably sell for a high price. At the very least, he can provide his little husband and himself with a good meal for a while.

Shen Mo's digging hand suddenly paused, and he asked back nervously, "You....why are you asking about it?"

Zhou Jing felt guilty for making Shen Mo panic, but he didn't realise that Shen Mo was acting strange.

"I just want to go have a look. Although I don't remember anything, I constantly feel like I really found something before the accident happened." Zhou Jing blurted out nonsense, "Maybe I couldn't hunt wild boar, but found something like ginseng or Granoderma Lucidum* instead, if that would be the case then we can have enough to eat for a while longer."

[Granoderma Lucidum- Also known as Lingzhi in China and Reishi mushroom in japan, known for its natural medical purposes.]

Shen Mo stayed silent, and stopped digging vegetables.

Zhou Jing finally noticed Shen Mo's abnormal behavior with hindsight, and wondered: "What's the matter? Are you worried that we might encounter something there again? Don't worry, it will not happen again. Let's be careful this time, and no accidents will follow suit."

Shen Mo replied dully: "How about we not go? What if it's more bad that before?"

Zhou Jing was taken aback for a while, but that could get us a chance to eat longer you know? That's no good!

"Xiao Mo, is there any special reason why you don't want to go? " Zhou Jing persuaded again, "I really feel like I have something very important in that place, and I want to go and check it once. Our family's conditions are like this, if we could really find something there, we could live a but better."

Shen Mo talked after a long time: "... Let's go, I'll take you there."