Chapter 7 (Part 2)

"Xiao Mo, quickly put down your back basket, and take all the things I dug into yours. I'll carry the things from the suitcase with me in my basket."

     Shen Mo asked, "Don't you want the thing you call the 'suitcase'?"

        Zhou Jing shook his head, "Not anymore... It's all damaged with big holes and broken parts, and can't be sold for any money, so no need to bother."

        Zhou Jing put all the things that were at least on good condition, into his back basket and carried it. There were few intact stuffs so it doesn't leak that much.

        "Come on, let's go home." Zhou Jing's excited babbling never stopped. "Xiao Mo, we can make a fortune now, looks like our good days are not so out of reach. Wait till I make you hot and spicy foods in the future, I'm sure others who sees that will definitely ask you for it! hehe."

      Shen Mo's palm, that has been tightly clasped in a fist, were held by Zhou Jing's large warm hands, and his palm seems to have relaxed as if he has found a little sense of security. As if a reassurance that this man would not leave him behind just because he found something, Shen Mo finally felt joy wash over his worries ahead.

   "You are exaggerating it too much, as long as I can eat a hearty meal, that enough is satisfying for me." Said Shen Mo as they walked down the mountains.

     "You....the requirements to look after my husband is too poor, just wait a bit longer. In the future, this husband will not only make you full all the time but also let you have so much meat, that you won't want to eat anymore!"

   "How is that possible?" Shen Mo said: "I will never get tired to eating meat. Besides, what kind of people could eat everyday? Even the big households in the village can't eat like that."

     "That's because their brain is incompetent. Your husband in other hand, is very capable, you'll know it later." Zhou Jing chirped proudly.

    The hands that were clasped together were warm, Shen Mo started at their clasped hands and smiled softly.

    While on their way down the mountains, luckily they found two pheasants grazing the grass, and chasing each other. Zhou Jing paused to see that they were in mating mood, and the male pheasant was chasing after the female pheasant. They were so distracted that, the normally alert habit of pheasants didn't notice them.

      Such a good opportunity shouldn't be missed. If he couldn't even hunt this, he would really lose his face in front of his little husband.

       This time, Zhou Jing pulled the bow and shot a bunch of arrows together, and like a blind cat catching a dead mouse, his random bunches of arrows actually did hit the two pheasants.

    Shen Mo exclaimed at Zhou Jing in wonder and immediately praised him.

      "Zhou Jing, you are amazing!"

        Zhou Jing scratched his head, embarrassed. He was ashamed for boasting about it. It was a given that, after shooting all the arrows at once, he really will hit the two pheasants. Though, being admired by your Wife, which man will not be happy?

        Zhou Jing tied the two chickens and put them into Shen Mo's back basket, then covered them securely. They would walk by the village road, if seen by a loose mouth, someone might come to find about it.

      When the two retuned home, Shen Lin who sat in the yard with nothing to do, saw them coming back with empty hands. Only carrying two light looking baskets on their backs with neutral expressions.

     Zhou Jing looked at Shen Lin and deliberately teased: "Little brother, I couldn't dig out too much Wild vegetables today, and there is also no more rice on home. You should go back to Shen's house today to eat. And remember to not quarrel with Wang Chunhua that much."

     Shen Lin annoyed, gave a pointed look at Zhou Jing and said, "I blame you. If you have let me go along with big brother, we would have dug up two baskets of vegetables by this time, and we would be able to eat right now."

       "Oh I see. Since it was my fault, then stay here at night and eat together." Zhou Jing smiled, took out a pheasant and swayed it in front of Shen Lin's eyes. Seeing the little guy's eyes locked at the pheasant, his eyes following the pheasant dumbly, Zhou Jing suppressed his amused laugh.

       Shen Lin looked at Shen Mo pitifully.

        Shen Mo was amused and shook his head.

        "Alright, alright, your brother-in-law is teasing you! You can go back after eating the pheasant." Shen Mo placed the water basin on the pot and boiled it to scald the chicken feathers. "Give it to me, I'll clean it up."

        Zhou Jing stepped aside and said, "I'll do it, you should rest, you've been tired from all those walking."

       Shen Mo couldn't tell what it was like in his heart, but it was undeniable that the feeling was very warm.

        Zhou Jing said that had been tired all day, but Zhou Jing wasn't. In the village, many gers were employed as men, but their status in real, were lower than men.

    It seems that, if you marry a man, you should be thankful, and it is a big sin to not take care to the men in the family.

    But Zhou Jing is different. He puts Shen Mo in a completely equal position and gives him comfort, care and warmth.

     Even though Zhou Jing is a man who excels at business, these things were not really that hard to be done. No one would know if the big boss could cook, and has his homely side. Only the closest ones could see this side.

    "Zhou Jing, won't you separate the meat in half, to exchange it for some brown rice?" Shen Mo asked.

  Zhou Jing shook his head and said, "Let's keep this one and eat it for ourselves. We can take the other one and sell it in the town."

He also had dozens more things to sell along too.

      Zhou Jing was thinking about the ways he should sell those stuffs he brought back. It could give him silver or gold if sold and handled properly. If not, they may just cause him many troubles.

      Therefore, the buyer's character must be thought out properly. It must be a trustable big buyer with good name and character.

       With that thoughts around his mind, Zhou Jing finished cooking.

  With no salt or oil at home, even if it was a good cook who made it, the dish would still be equally unpalatable. But that was just Zhou Jing's thought. The Shen Brothers still ate it with relish.

    Recalling the last time, Shen Lin remembered it well and a big drumstick was torn and given to Zhou Jing first, and Zhou Jing followed back with passing the other drumstick back to Shen Mo's bowl.

        Shen Lin: "..."

     ...why does he feel that since the day brother-in-law woke up from the injury, his eldest brother has become weird..his eldest brother used to be a very cold person! It was not new for Wang Jing to be idiotic, and his eldest brother was too lazy to care about him.

    It wasn't that when Wang Jing beat his eldest brother, his brother was scared of Wang Jing, but more like his Eldest brother was afraid that one day, he might not be able to hold back anymore and fight back and that might result to divorce and be sent back home, resulting his reputation to do downhill. If that happens, due to Shen Mo's reputation, Shen Lin might not be able to marry at all!

       After dinner, Zhou Jing watched Shen Lin wash the dishes and asked, "The pheasant have been eaten, why don't you hurry back home now?"

        Shen Lin glared at Zhou Jing's eyes angrily and stomped out.

        Shen Mo helplessly said, "Don't bully my younger brother too much."

        Zhou Jing hmphed twice.

        "I don't have time to bully him. Since we brought those things back in a hurry and carried all of it back with us. I don't want anyone to accidentally see those things. I'll be taking one of it in town tomorrow, if it can be sold, then we can buy rice noodles and oil for home."