Chapter 10 (Part 2)

Zhou Jing doesn't care, anyways that's what the other Wang jing did.

But, he can't stand it if anyone talks about Shen Mo like that. Thinking how Shen Mo grew up within such environment, being discriminated against and ridiculed by others. Be it Men or women, he just wants to grab that women up front and treat it in his own way, letting her know the feeling of someone taunting you by pointing finger right in front of her face.

        He stood up and was about to walk right towards the cart, but was caught back by Shen Mo.

        "Forget it, I'm used to hearing words like that, at this point, I don't even care anymore." Shen Mo shook his head lightly.

        "How is that possible? I haven't heard it with my own before, so i can't do anything about it. But since I've now heard it, then there is now way that now I will just stay silent about it."

        In this kind of serious situation, Shen Mo really didn't didn't wanted to but he couldn't hold back anymore and burst out laughing.

        "Zhou Jing, it's enough just knowing your thoughts, I feel very happy." Shen Mo still had a smile on his lips.

         Seeing his husband's genuine smile, Zhou Jing helplessly sighed, "You.....your expectations from me are too small, you can expect more. In fact, this husband of yours is quite capable."

        "I know ." Shen Mo said softly.

        Zhou Jing held Shen Mo's hand tightly, "I will never let people bully you again."

        Shen Mo smiled and said, "I will also protect you, in fact, I... I am also quite fierce, I used to be someone people don't dare to mess with at some point of time in the past."

        "That's better. I just happen to like and wanted a fierce husband." Zhou Jing said solemnly.

        Shen Mo blinked shyly and said embarrassingly, "We're almost there, let's increase our pace. Reach the town early, so we can return early."

The duo walked for another half an hour and finally arrived at the town. After inquiring here and there about restaurants that buys local things at a fair prize, they came to the restaurant called 'Tian Xia Ke.'

        It didn't had many people in the restaurant. A helper, was sat lazily behind a chair, while the shopkeeper was playing with the abacus.

        "Excuse me, can we sell wild animals here?" Zhou Jing asked.

        Zhou Jing wore a straw hat with his short hair in order not to cause unnecessary trouble. Wearing a straw hat this season is not unusual.

        The shopkeeper glanced at duo's patched clothes and knew they were farmers. He took them lightly in his heart, but didn't express it out too obviously.

        He replied with a dull monotone voice: "Xiao Er, take it and weigh it up. Give 20 cents per pound.

        "Got it." Xiao Er, the helper, responded and led them to the back kitchen.

        The pheasant was slightly larger, weighing above five pounds, and was sold for one hundred and ten cents.

Zhou Jing counted out five coins from it and secretly stuffed it to Xiao Er.

        "Little brother, can I ask you something?"

        Xiao Er is just a regular average earner, he runs errands around the restaurant and sometimes gets extra rewards. But if it's free money, no matter how little, no one would decline it. Though, the answer depends on what the person is asking.

        "Little brother, don't worry, it's not a matter of inquiring about privacy, and it won't embarrass you." Zhou Jing said.

"You must be aware, us farmers are mostly idle except when it's farming season. My family aren't really in a tight situation, just wanted to search for some work, but I'm afraid that I might meet a wrong Master to work under and get scammed on working for a year with no payment. So, I just wanted you to tell me which Master has a honest heart, treats fairly at work, and won't treat his workers harshly."

        Xiao Er thought for a while, said: "At this Season of the year, the Noble households are not recruiting people."

        Zhou Jing: "There might always be recruits in middle, just have to pay attention. Brother, I just want to ask you to mention a few good places that recruit people, and I will pay attention to those names."

        Xiao Er said four company names, and after thinking about it, he said, "If you want to talk about short-term jobs, the best one to work for would be for our county magistrate's family. Our county magistrate is fair to officials and kind to common people. The wife of the family also goes to the temple to burn incense and worship Buddha during the festivals. However, you can't go there since they are not recruiting right now."

        "Thank you, little brother." Zhou Jing exited the shop with Shen Mo and walked out of the shop.

        Shen Mo was in deep thought for a while and said, "I've heard some things about the county magistrate's family."

        "What did you hear? I'll listen to you, maybe it could be useful." Zhou Jing planned to carefully find people within the wealthy families who would be trustworthy and wouldn't be greedy when they see their products.

He was unaware about the insides of this new place, and it was the first time for Shen Mo too in the town, so he might not know that much too. However, in the end, he was born and raised here, which is still better that him who is from another world. Some rumours would still be reached in his ears.

--------------------------------------

♪ヽ(*´∀')ノ bye~