Moonlight

Everyone was in their rooms. Obviously sleeping.
Except you.

You can't sleep and you've been tossing and turning around for the whole night.
You were sure that there were only a few more hours left for sunrise.

So you got up and decided to take a walk in the courtyard. Maybe taking a walk will tire you and help you with your problem.

The sky was dark blue with the moon being the only source of light. The color of the flowers reflected the moonlight at this hour of the night, which made the garden look like a midnight paradise especially with the small lake in the corner.
You sat on a bench and just stared at the sky.

The blowing breeze made it kinda chilly so you had your hands wrapped around your knees.
You stayed there for a while, enjoying the silence.

"Hey, it's cold, you shouldn't be out here."

A familiar voice comes from behind you.

Jungkook.

"Hey." You smile.
"Can't sleep?" He sits beside you.
He's awfully close and you're obviously not used to it.
"Nope. What are you doing here?" You question him.
"Can't sleep either, decided to come see Jin's garden." He smiled.
"The garden is really pretty." You reply.
"Yeah, it really is." He whispered.
There was an awkward silence between the two of you. This was the first time you were actually having a proper conversation with Jungkook alone.

"Namjoon told me about how you guys help him with the garden back in Clement?" You broke the silence.
"He did?" He asked.
"Yeah, he told me about his love for plants and he mentioned that you and Jin help him in the garden a lot too."
"Hyung does love plants and flowers, he even has a bonsai tree in his room." Jungkook laughs.
"He did mentioned that." You chuckled.
"I love flowers too, they're really pretty." You smile.
"Me too." He sighs.

"When we were children, we all used to help our mom with gardening.. She passed away, so we always try to take care of the garden as much as we can.
I love taking care of the garden though, reminds me of her." He sounded melancholic.
You smile at him.
He looked at you and gave you a small smile back.
"Aren't you cold?" He asked.
"Not really."
"But you're kind of shaking."

Well That's embarrassing.

"Here let me help." He says again.

You look at him confused.
Your eyes widen when he comes closer and wraps his arms around your figure.

Is this normal in this planet?

"Um, it's alright, you don't have to." You say.
Is that even the right thing to say?
He's way too close.

"Are you warm now?" He asks.
"Yeah." You breathe out.
You're not lying though.
He is warm.
"Either go back to your room or I'm not letting go. Jimin will only scold me for doing nothing if you end up with a cold." He mumbles.

You finally relax in his hold. You were about to just give up and go back to your room but his hold felt warm and comforting. It didn't feel weird or awkward at all, it just felt right, his body holding yours.
You were feeling stuff that you shouldn't be feeling.
You look at him and realized how handsome he actually is. His doe eyes reflected the moonlight. His curly black hair looked soft which made you want to touch and hold it. He had a mole on his nose and another one just below his lip. He had more beauty marks on his face. So cute, you thought.
His lips were rosy pink in color even in the moonlight and he smelled like vanilla.
"Take a picture it'll last longer." He chuckled.
You shook your head and just ignored him.
He chuckled.

This was comforting. He was so close and you could feel his chest rising and falling slowly.
You finally felt the weariness take over your body. Your eyes slowly closed and you drifted to sleep to the sound of his heartbeat.