prologue

ONE MONTH BEFORE

It's late. Really late. Everyone's sweaty, drunk, and high on the moment.

Aurora downs her second shot of the night, feeling the cool liquid trickle down her throat, her small hand fiddling with a small shot glass as she waits patiently for her friend to come back from god knows where.

Her dainty rings clank against the glass as she twirls it in between her long fingers, it rings in her ears. Making a small tune in her head as she continues to tap on the rim of the glass.

The colorful strobe lights flash across the skin of her thighs, the spray glitter on her skin reflects and makes her look as if she's glowing. thousands of little stars dancing on her long legs.

The short red silk dress that clings to her subtle curves paired with an oversized leather jacket and doc martens, she feels almost too casual with the way everyone is dressed, wanting nothing more than to go home to a quiet evening alone sprawled out on the couch.

"Rora, come dance." Ophelia drunkenly stumbles behind Aurora, she turns in her chair to see her best friend, hips swaying to the beat of the music as she holds her shot glass above her head. Her hair looks as if it's been dipped in water, drenched in sweat and who could tell what else.

Aurora was never one for crowds, not that people scared her, she just chose not one to be in the spotlight. Which is why she chose photography, so she could be behind the camera instead of in front of it.

"Let me get one more drink, Phelia."

Ophelia loudly laughs behind Aurora when she sees one of her classmates making a complete fool of themselves in the sea of dancing people. Wondering what her friend is laughing about she turns in her seat, but her eyes immediately get caught up in something else.

The bleached blonde sitting at the other end of the bar, hair curled to perfection on his forehead, small ringlets sitting on the back of his neck, chiseled jaw lined with light blonde stubble, clenched as he throws back a shot of tequila.

A red silk buttoned-up shirt hangs low on his chest as the top three buttons he seemed to have left unbuttoned, a cross necklace hanging from his neck, hitting just above the buttoned part of his shirt that's tucked into his tight black jeans cling to his sculpted thighs, leaving little to the imagination.

"Rora, this man's dick wa— oh." Ophelia snaps a finger in front of the brunettes eyes. "Earth to Rora." Aurora quickly snaps from her lust filled trance, turning to see her friends eyebrows raised in confusion.

"Are we looking at the same thing, because do you see the man over there?" Aurora darts her eyes in his direction. Ophelia is quick to subtly look, smirking as she can tell what he's doing to her best friend.

"Rora, go talk to him. The worst he can say is no." Aurora feels her heart practically beat out of her chest at the thought of talking to someone who looks like that, looking down at her attire, she checks over to make sure everything is in place.

"That's what I'm afraid of, what if I make a fool of myself." Even after the number of shots, she's downed tonight, her confidence to walk up to a man of that much beauty is far behind her.

Getting up from her seat, Aurora decides she would rather spend the rest of her night together with Ophelia instead of worrying about a man who will probably brush her off at the first glance.

The two girls find their way in the middle of the floor, not a care running through their bodies as Aurora's hands hold the waist of her best friend as they drunkenly grind against each other, their laughs seem to be the only thing they can hear as they get lost in their own little world.

Ophelia hiccups as she stands up straight, trying to slur the words out as she can barely move her body anymore. "I'm going to go get us more drinks."

Aurora watches her best friend stumble her way through the crowded sea of people, wondering how the hell she's even going to make it through.

Until she feels a gentle tap on the top of her shoulder.

Turning around to see the blonde from the bar earlier, except this time he looks a little more sober, his bright blue eyes look a little less hazy and cold.

"Care for a dance?" His voice barely above a whisper, even through the loudness of the club she can somehow hear the rasp that rattles his throat.

fuck, this man looks as if he escaped from heaven.

"I think I'll give it a shot."

Aurora takes it upon herself to turn back around, letting the man behind her take the lead as he gently asks into her neck if he can put his hands on her waist.

He pulls her closer, loving the way the little red dress she has on clings to her curves, trying to keep a respectful eye, he puts his face in the girl's neck, letting the air escape his lips to tickle the sensitive skin.

The way his large hands feel through the fabric of her thin dress should be fucking sinful. She can feel every ridge and crevice on his palms, making it so much harder for her to focus on anything but what his hands could do to her.

"Is this okay, pretty girl?" The stranger whispers on the shell of her ear as he scoots closer, his hips now pressed against her ass.

The newfound nickname has Aurora's stomach swarming with butterflies, the way it glides off his tongue with his slight Australian accent has her wanting the man to repeat it over and over again.

"Yes, more than okay."

The loud bass of the song that's playing through the speakers has her body moving in a way it's never done before, her usual awkward dancing with Ophelia has slowly turned into sensually moving up against the total stranger.

"Ever since you walked in here I haven't been able to take my eyes off you, you're so fuckin' pretty."

The second she and Ophelia walked through the club doors, He knew his eyes wouldn't be able to leave her the rest of the night, the sheer beauty of the girl taking him captive, locking it up, and throwing away the key.

"I could say the same about you."

Fueling his rising ego, Luke presses her slightly closer to his body, watching the way her skin reacts to his warm touch, he can't help but feel his body go rigid, wanting more of her.

"Kiss my neck." The faint whisper rolls off her tongue, quick and hungry for his lips anywhere.

Aurora is desperate for more of him, feeling sparks flying throughout her lower stomach, she can't help but need the stranger behind her.

At her words, Luke starts to place open-mouthed kisses on her neck, loving the way he could tell just how shy she was just moments ago to now practically begging for his kiss.

"Would you like for me to take you home?" He asks.

Aurora thinks of the endless possibilities of what could happen if he took her home, hoping that her sea of wild thoughts will become a reality in his bed.

"Yes, I would love to." She answers, turning to face him.

Luke gives her a subtle smirk at her eagerness, giving her neck one last kiss before he takes her hand to drag the girl through the endless amount of sweaty bodies.

Once they make it out into the fresh air, Aurora realizes she never got the man's name. She observes his face in the glow of the street lights, he's even more beautiful out in the open air.

"Can I at least have a name first?"

The confidence in her voice is something quite new to her, but she likes it, she likes the slight edge she's feeling at this moment.

"It's Luke," He bends down to the shell of her ear, exhaling just slightly to catch his breath. "I'd remember it, sweetheart. Because you'll be screaming it later."

welcome to burn crash!!

loads of things coming for this fic and i hope all you enjoy!