2. hell to pay

HELL TO PAY

Aurora was never one to be late.

Not even to the classes, she dreads more and more each day that passes by.

But as she walks quietly down the 57th street sidewalk, her watch reads 10:05. Her white boots hit rhythmically against the concrete, keeping her mind steady as she pushes her way through the crowd of busy people.

The dress pants she pairs with a sage turtle neck sweater with flower detailings to keep warm, the pants hug her curves a little more than she would have cared for, but, with the little amount of time she had to go shopping, she had to opt for what she found deep in her cluttered closet.

Aurora tried to look her best going into a private coffee shop that was going to be filled with countless different celebrities that reside in New Tork. She feels nothing that she could find was near good enough.

But, Aurora doesn't know that she'll be too distracted to care with the question Luke has up his sleeve.

Looking up to see the sign with Vapor written on it in simple white letters, Aurora knows she is in the right place. Then, Aurora sees Luke's head of bleached blonde curls as he stands outside the coffee shop, rocking back and forth on his heels as she sees him look at his watch for the tenth time since he's been in her line of vision.

As she makes it to him, Luke turns when he hears the sound of boots hitting the ground, to see it's just the girl he's been waiting for.

Luke's eyes look her up and down, seeing the way her black dress pants hug her waist perfectly, the green sweater tucked away into the top of the pants. His mouth runs dry the longer he tries to get a subtle look.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, New York traffic can be such a mess," Aurora speaks. Brushing the strands of hair away that have blown in her face from the wind, wrapping her arms around her body as the chilly air nips through the small holes of her sweater.

As he watches Aurora wrap her arms around her body, he hates the fact that she had to walk all the way here in the cold, he would have gladly come to get her if she wanted.

In fact, Luke doesn't know it yet, but he would do anything for her.

"Please, don't worry, I've only been standing here for about three minutes anyway," Luke says reassuringly when in reality, he's been standing in that very spot for more than twenty. Waiting impatiently as his mind races in hopes of seeing the beautiful girl in front of him again.

Aurora apologizes for what seemed like a million times before they walk inside, deep in his mind, he knew he would stand out in the cold for days if he was waiting for her.

It's been troubling him how much he's thought about Aurora since their first night, it was just a simple one-night stand, nothing he hasn't done before. Luke keeps asking himself what's so different about her that keeps him up at night?

Aurora looks at Luke's outfit, starting to feel somewhat underdressed as he wears an outfit that probably costs more than her college tuition, his black and white striped ysl button-up shirt clings to his arms as he pushes open the glass door for Aurora.

And as she walks by, Luke can't help but let his wanting eyes run down her body, catching a quick glance at how well the pants hug her so tightly, he tries not to let his body take any effect, knowing his pants could easily tighten just by looking at her.

"Wow, Luke this is... a lot better than what I'm used to." Aurora looks around at how expensive everything looks, wondering just how much a cup of coffee is going to cost her, grabbing the little black wallet out of her small purse, she checks in her wallet to even make sure she has enough.