4. strawberries and cigarettes

STRAWBERRIES AND CIGARETTES

To put it simply, Aurora had to practically keep her jaw from dropping to the floor.

Trying her best to control the erratic breathing that's pushing through her lungs. 

Her caramel eyes continuously scan over the text the infamous blonde sent her just moments ago, the muffled sound of Chase calling out her name rings in her ears over and over again, every ounce of attention being on the man that's slowly slipping his way into the walled-up corners of her mind.

"Aurora." She suddenly jumps at the finger that snaps in front of her face. "I've been calling you for five minutes."

Chase asks with a concerned look taking over his chiseled features, his brows knitted tightly as he wonders what could possibly have her attention this much.

"Got a little distracted, sorry," Aurora answers, trying to play off the obvious reason her mind is in such a twist, no one has ever had quite the effect on her that Luke does, just a simple look could have her thighs clenching.

Aurora follows steadily behind Chase as they walk down the extravagant hallway of Luke's penthouse, each step her legs feel heavier than the last.

It's almost as if someone attached weights to her ankles when in reality it's just from the ever-going nerves wracking her system.

Chase knocks on Luke's door with his knuckles, making sure everything is set up before the pair makes their way inside, once he gets the clear, he bends his head to the doorways, silently giving her the green light to come in with him.

Aurora keeps her eyes down at her shoes as she walks in, knowing that the sight in front of her is going to have the muscles in her knees utterly weak.

Because she ever so desperately wants to hold that strength for as long as she can hold out.

Darting her eyes from the floor the camera that's clutched in her hand, pretending to fix different settings to keep the center of her attention on anything other than the god-like man who's sprawled out on the bed with his shirt unbuttoned.

"Alright, Aurora. You seem to be doing pretty well so... I want you to try and capture this with all-natural lighting, think you can do that?"

Chase gives her a lifted brow as he waits for her response, his questioning look has Aurora slightly on edge.

"Absolutely," Aurora answers, watching his stern features turn a little softer at her reply.

All the while Aurora is trying her best to keep her eyes away from the side of the room where the most gorgeous man she's ever seen is sprawled out on his bed.

But we all know Luke has no shame in the fact that he's staring at the baby blue dress that's hugging her a little too nicely.

His blue eyes turn a little darker when she decides to sit down at the desk chair that sits in the corner of his bedroom, crossing her leg over the other to expose the tan skin of the tops of her thighs.

Luke, pull yourself together.

Turning his attention back to the task at hand, Luke brings his hands up to his face, rubbing at his eyes to try and bring himself back to the reality he seems to be lost in.

"What's with the face?"

Chase asks, pointing at his focused feature as he walks over to where Luke is leaning up against the pale wooden headboard, his cheeks slightly pink from all the blood rushing to them when once he got a small glimpse of Aurora's upper thigh.