5. pretty things

PRETTY THINGS

Aurora wakes to the sound of something clattering in her kitchen.

The high of the night worn off as she brings her hands up to her face, rubbing the sleep from her eyes as she tries to wake herself up, hearing the loud crash of pots hitting the kitchen floor seems to catch her attention enough to where she can finally drag the tiredness of her body out of the warm bed.

Looking down at her attire, she notices an unfamiliar baby blue sweatshirt hanging on her chest, the silk dress she wore still on her body under it.

But, her shoes have been taken off and put back in their place, bringing the collar of the sweatshirt to her nose, Aurora smells the all too familiar scent of cologne filling her senses.

Quietly as she can, Aurora cracks open the door to her bedroom, wondering who could be in the kitchen of her apartment at this hour unless it was someone trying to break in.

A slight panic is flowing through her until she sees a head of familiar blonde curls, trying his best not to make a sound as he's digging in the refrigerator to find a few eggs to use for his signature pancakes.

Luke hates to admit it, but he stayed the night on her couch, he wiggled and shook her once he finally made it back to her apartment the night before, but she refused to wake.

He specifically told her he'd be there when she woke up — so here he is just like he said. Luke didn't plan for it to go like this, not believing he was in her kitchen making her pancakes at this hour.

But that's what friends are for right?

Would she even call me a friend?

Shaking the thoughts from his mind, he goes back to pouring the flour into the small mixing bowl, until he hears the sound of faint rustling coming from Aurora's room.

He even sees her peek out of her bedroom door, he didn't take in the fact that she's probably scared to death since he didn't get to tell her he stayed the night.

"Luke, what are you doing here?" Aurora asks, walking towards him, she looks as beautiful as ever with her tiny cotton pajama shorts and sweatshirt of his that he gave her.

"I told you I would be here when you woke up." Luke keeps his eyes on the job in front of him, knowing if he keeps his gaze on her tan legs he'll have a hard time keeping his pants from growing tighter.

Aurora feels her heart flutter a little, keeping her eyes trained to the side of his face, she bites the inside of her cheek to keep from smiling.

"I'm impressed, who knew the biggest model in New York could be so generous." Aurora presses on, helping him find some other random ingredients he asks for.

"I think you'd be surprised just how generous I can be," Luke mutters, raising a soft brow at her as she gives him a look at his double-sided statement.

Once Luke is finished throwing everything into the bowl, he begins humming to himself until he accidentally splashes batter on his bare chest when he turns on the handheld mixer.

Aurora tries to keep her eyes away as the sticky batter slowly drips down past the waistband of his sweats.

But her mission fails when she can't seem to tear her eyes away, watching as he pulls his pants down slightly to wipe away the residue, exposing the band of his Calvin Klein underwear.

Luke looks up from the mess on his stomach, seeing her walking closer, he can't get enough of the way his clothes look on her, the way it engulfs her body, driving him absolutely mad.