moonlight serende

warnings: none!
description: Nez and Reader spend the night together underneath the night sky

warnings: none!description: Nez and Reader spend the night together underneath the night sky

Everything seemed to make sense when you were with Mike and tonight was no exception. The two of you dropped everything you were doing to admire the beauty of the quickly encroaching night, spontaneously climbing in the car to chase the sunset. Mike raced you to the car, where he quickly shoved the key into the ignition, acting as if you were both partners in crime trying to make a fast getaway. You assumed the roles of Bonnie and Clyde, on the run from the mundane responsibilities that life demanded.

Streaks of peachy orange, shell pink, and lilac colored the sky, giving you the impression that it might stretch on forever. Driving towards a nearby park, the two of you were en route to enjoy the last of a long day. Sitting in the front seat next to Mike, you felt the weight you were holding onto being lifted off of your shoulders. The sinking, fiery orange sun on the horizon was calling out both of your names.

After a quick scan of the park, you noticed that there were only a few people walking on the dirt trails. Mike parked the car and you eagerly followed him. By second nature, Mike hooked his arm around your shoulders and the two of you began strolling the path without haste. Your eyes rejoiced upon the sight of the scenery and you couldn't help but smile to yourself. Everything was in bloom, from the tall, luscious grass to the bright green tree tops. A small pond sat beside the path and every time a leaf would fall from a branch and land in the water with a quiet splash, it created a hypnotic ripple effect. The air was fragranced with the scent of the flowers that were sprouting from the ground. Everything reminded you of romance and romance reminded you of Mike.

"Tell me about your day, how was it?" Your boyfriend curiously asked, genuinely wanting to know all the little details. With him dedicating a majority of his time to his craft, there was never a time he wasn't interested in hearing what you got up to. Although your days weren't nearly as interesting as his, you loved the fact that he was all ears for whatever you wanted to tell him.

"It wasn't too bad, I guess," you began before reciting the day's events. In truth, it could have been the worst day ever, but none of it would've mattered because you were now by his side. Everything bad evaporated when you were in his presence; nothing had ever felt better than when you were with Mike.

With his head tilted to the side, he looked at you when you talked like you were the only person in the entire world who he wanted to be talking to. His brown eyes shot from your lips to your eyes, as he both admired and absorbed every word you said. His stare was something so intense that it made your cheeks heat up and your heart flip around, knowing you had his full, undivided attention. You kept your gaze on the ground, hoping you wouldn't appear too flushed.

You reached a hand up to grab his that hung at the side of your shoulder. His fingers found the empty gaps between yours and he laced your hand with his. Whenever he would hold your hand, you never wanted him to stop. Your fingers fit perfectly in the spaces between his, like you were meant to hold that hand only, his hand.