strawberries in the summertime

warnings: fluff + descriptions of food/eating
description: Reader is in the mood for baking a summer treat, prompting Nez to lend a helping hand in the kitchen — requested

warnings: fluff + descriptions of food/eatingdescription: Reader is in the mood for baking a summer treat, prompting Nez to lend a helping hand in the kitchen — requested

There was not a single act in the world you enjoyed more than baking. It was a secret passion of yours, a skill you surprisingly found yourself gifted in. The process of carefully crafting your very own creation, pouring your heart, love, and hard work into every churn of the mixing spoon, and sharing it with others no doubt filled you with a sense of fulfillment. It was the middle of summer and you had a particular craving to make something sweet and put your expertise to good use.

Standing in Mike's kitchen with the windows open, white curtains billowing in the warm July air that breezed through the room, you assessed the items placed on the countertop. Flour. Sugar. A rolling pin, mixing bowl, and cutting board. Two containers of fresh strawberries, brilliant in their shiny red color. And all of the other necessary tools and ingredients needed to make the perfect strawberry pie.

You pulled your favorite apron over your head and tied it at the back the obligatory first step that commenced the journey of any baking experience. With the slightly crackly murmur of the radio in the background, you enthusiastically began rolling out the pie crust you prepared yesterday. Sprinkling the rolling pin and countertop with flour before flattening the crust, it was easy for you to fall into the placidness that baking brought on.

Mike was already in love with you, but when he found out how good of a baker you were, he found himself falling in love with you more. Subtly, he began asking for you to make his favorite treats. Chocolate chip cookies, cupcakes, banana bread, blueberry muffins. Obviously, you were more than happy to bake for him, watching his face light up with pure excitement every time he took a bite out of one of your latest creations.

On one occasion, you took it upon yourself to make a few batches of fresh cookies and surprise him at work. You showed up to the set, warm cookies in tow, and nearly every hungry, eager hand reached to take one. Within a few minutes, your chocolaty masterpiece had vanished plain out of sight, making you want to come back again and make another surprise delivery.

Peter, Micky, and Davy were always the first to dash over and compliment your baking, secretly stealing more than one and practically inhaling what you made. If any of the guys ever forgot to thank you, too busy scarfing down the provisions, Mike would elbow them in the side to remind them. While everyone else ate so fast that they could barely taste it, Mike would savor each delectable bite with a sense of pride. Of course, he always knew you would make more, but he couldn't help but take his time.

Much like you found happiness in watching people eat what you baked, he soon took on those same feelings. Passing by people who talked about your food, your boyfriend would start to brag and gush about you and your skills in the kitchen with the kindest words of admiration. It made him proud to see you sharing your talent with others. He was supportive in every sense of the word, constantly looking forward to what you would create next.