two hearts

warnings: semi-strong language; smut; deflowering; mention of alcohol; wc: 4.3k
description: "It was so opaquely obvious that your two hearts were meant to find one another, your two souls celestially and eternally intertwined, and your two bodies made for the other. In this lifetime and the next, you would always find your way back to Mike."

The sound of a buzzing well-packed barroom crackled through the television's speakers

The sound of a buzzing well-packed barroom crackled through the television's speakers. Cinematic shots of a polished bar top and golden liquor being poured over cubes of ice gleamed with a vivid technicolor glow. It felt almost comical that you and Mike were sprawled out on the couch sipping from cold drinks of your own simultaneously. Being near you this intimately and leisurely was a scene, however, that Mike would much rather partake in than stand around in a stuffy, crowded bar.

Your legs were comfortably outstretched on his lap, sitting opposite from him, while he took swigs from his bottlenecked beer and lazily rubbed the length of your leg up and down, eyes locked on what presently unfolded on the television set. His touch was like electricity, sending a resounding buzz throughout your entire body. Maybe it was the small dose of liquid courage or just the way his features were lit up in the dwindling light, but Mike appeared to you as something out of a paradisiacal dream.

You lifted your head to look at him, a heavy-lidded expression of concentration fixed on his face. His side profile was something of beauty: the perfect slope of his nose, the chiseled edge of his jawline, the thick triangled sideburns that adorned the sides of his cheeks and accentuated his flawless facial structure. The sight of his pouty lips glistened with the remnants of booze in the soft glow of the television. The movie might as well have not been playing at all as your attention was now fixed on Mike entirely.

At last, he felt your eyes on him and looked over at you to meet your gaze, a smile touching those perfect lips of his, revealing the charming, slight crookedness of his teeth — a sight that continuously made your heart soar. His was a smile that you could always pick out in a crowd full of people, a smile that played in the foreground of your mind while you were in dreamland, a smile that ultimately made your life worthwhile.

You curled your legs up and drew nearer to him on the couch. It felt like agonizing torture to try and stand it any longer. You crawled towards him and slowly kissed him, all of your admiration for him encapsulated within the deep kiss. Mike was more than compliant, happily parting his lips to kiss you, willingly following your lead. The sound of the television soon became muffled background noise in your head that now swirled with an overcome passion. His arms snaked around your body, pulling you onto his lap and prompting you to straddle your two legs on either side of him.

You were the one to break the kiss, but only to tenderly press a tiny kiss to his forehead, the pointed tip of his nose, and then his full lips. It was a lighthearted act that always caused Mike to chuckle, the sound of his gentle laughter bringing a smile to your face. Your fingertips glided across his features, your thumb tracing his lower lip as you closely examined his face. The charming way his eyebrows grew handsomely unruly; the faint constellation of freckles peppered around his nose; the smile lines that sunk around the outer corners of his eyes. He was incomprehensibly divine. Resting your forehead against his, the soft smile on his face soon grew into a smug expression upon seeing you smile back at him.