eleven

george

"So you're telling me you debated leaving without saying goodbye?" Dream asked as the pair laid on the bed, side by side. George laid silently for a moment before turning his head to the side, a look of innocence plastered across his own face. 

"To be fair, the thought would never have occurred if you weren't a dick from day one." The pair stared at one another for a moment before both burst out laughing. "To be fair, you have a point." Dream replied once their laughter died down. It was a beautiful sound, Dream's laugh. George had never heard someone laugh the way the blonde did before. It started off like a wheeze, followed by a gasp for air, then came the cackle and ended with soft chuckles. The two of them managed to make each other laugh a numerous amount of times so it didn't take long for George to notice the pattern. 

"No but seriously, tell me who George is, I want to know," Dream said about twenty minutes into their conversation. George sighed, a part of him felt grateful that Dream was finally treating him with respect, he liked this version of the blonde, he always assumed there was a caring side to him but after countless of failed attempts to find that part of him, George stopped assuming. Yet here he was, the Dream that George thought was somewhere in there all along, he was happy but a part of George forgot about was the 'getting to know me' stage of getting closer to someone. 

"It's nothing interesting really-"

"George, you're already the most interesting person I know, but let me really get to know you, please. I literally fucking hate begging but I'll do it if I have to." Dream said, fully turning to the side now, George could feel the green eyes focused on him which left him with a good balance of both nerves, as well as an odd sense of comfort. 

"My name is George Henry Watson, I'm twenty four years old, I used to live with my mum and dad, but my mum fell ill and passed, my dad disappeared and I ended up living alone from a very young age. I was lucky though, because I had really supportive friends. There's Wilbur. He was my first friend actually. Our parents were very close and did their daily tasks together all the time whilst Will and I would play. He grew up to be quite the adventurer whilst I preferred laying back and doing as I was told. We later befriended Jack, who means well but clearly doesn't know what he's meant to be doing half of the time and then there's the younger two. Tommy's the youngest but there are times you completely forget he's still a child. Same goes for his best friend Toby- we call him Tubbo though, they both learned to grow up really fast because the community was developing rapidly and we needed more hands on deck to maintain the tasks." George stopped for a moment, noticing the silence from Dream, he assumed that the blonde had fallen asleep but when turning his head to the side, he noticed Dream staring back at him intently, as if fully focused on what the brunette was saying. 

"Go on, I'm listening." Dream reassured. 

"Where I'm from- our morals are very different to the ones you've grown up with. We all believe that working together is the greatest way to a successful and sustainable future. We all share daily tasks and work on them in different groups to make sure the same thing happens every day. Slacking is one of the biggest crimes you can commit where I'm from. 
Which is why I can't go back. I've been gone for a week now and that means I'm far more behind than everyone else, my people cannot afford slacking. They're terrified of anything being thrown off balance."

"Do you miss them?" Dream asked, "Not necessarily the people as a whole, but your friends. You seem to care about them a lot." George never really had time to think about how he was never going to see his friends again. But thinking about it now, he realized just how much he already missed them.