fifteen.

dream

Slowly and then all at once. 

The catalyst of all things that Dream simply couldn't have predicted would be the start of the downfall that would soon befall 'Dream and George.' 

The bane of his entire existence. His weakness but also his reason to continue fighting. 

There was no chance something so innocent- something so beautiful shared between the two would cause such mayhem in the theory that is the butterfly effect. One small choice made on his part couldn't have been the very action that depicted whether he'd live to see another day, but right in that moment, Dream felt as if he had died. 

His heart felt as if it had gone on strike, no longer willing to cooperate with the rest of his body, flipping and twisting and turning and then stopping all at once, his mind sounding off the sirens, demanding that every nerve in his body should be on high alert. 

Dream felt as if he had died. 

Only to be rebirthed into someone completely new. Someone who was finally whole. 

Shaking fingers wrapped around his neck, pulling him closer, his lips wanting to defy all laws of physics to simply merge his own with the pair pressed beneath. His arms, pulling at the waist of the single person to make him feel weak - no longer in control, but god did it feel good to give him the power. 

George could take it all from Dream if he was allowed to continue feeling what he was feeling in this exact moment, forevermore. 

The male had kissed plenty of people before, but there was something so addicting to the way George breathed against his lips, the hot - air a sign of desperation for both air and the need to continue. Dream had done a plethora of different things with people from the inside, but the outsider was poison, a poison that Dream would willingly consume over and over again to feel as if all of his broken pieces were finally together. 

That broken down man who once hid behind a mask - a façade of false confidence and power to hid the crumbling and the cracks of the shell of a man he grew up to be. 

This was it. 

He was it. 

George was the missing piece all along. George being pressed up close to him with this level of intimacy simply made Dream feel as if he could conquer the entire world - what was once as mask seemingly becoming a premonition of who he would be once meeting the male from the outside. 

Dream pulled away, wanting to look at the walking oxymoron - the one who made him weak at the knees but all-powerful, but the action was forbidden. 

"Don't stop- don't fucking stop," George breathed as his fingers laced between Dream's golden locks, only to pull him close again. 

Kryptonite. This man was kryptonite. He was a deadly weapon that - if fallen into the wrong hands - could end the world as Dream knew it. 

The only right pair of hands to hold the outsider belonged to the very same man who burned at the touch but ached at the lack thereof. 

In short, Dream was screwed. 

He knew he was screwed, but with every pant that escaped the brunette's lips - the faster his self-judgement ringing in the gallows of his mind became clouded.

Dream was screwed, but if being screwed felt like this - sounded like this - looked like this.
Dream would much rather be screwed than play this game called 'life' by the rules. 

Eventually the pair called a truce between the battle their lips fought. Foreheads resting against one another as they panted in unison. 

"That was-" 

"Yeah," 

"Are all training sessions going to end up like this?"

Dream scoffed, finally looking into the eyes of the most endearing face he'd ever laid his eyes upon, "I believe so."

"Good," the brunette inhaled, finally gaining control of his heartrate as Dream could no longer feel it pounding against the smaller one's chest against his own. 

The pair were frozen - completely captivated by the others gaze. The shared silence spoke a thousand words that it would only seem silly to even try the right words to describe what either were feeling, but Dream knew. 

The message was loud and clear. All this time, George had wanted this moment to happen just as much as he did. 

His thoughts were suddenly cut off when the door to his house was slammed and loud clanging from the metallic staircase of the fire escape gave the pair enough time to push themselves off one another before a familiar face met them on the rooftop.

Sapanp. 

Followed by the entire gang -  all with the same horrified expression.

"You need to come with us," Sapnap stated, in a serious tone. "Now."

"There's something we think you should both see," Karl followed on after, the fear in his tone incredibly hard to miss. 

There wasn't much in this world that feared Dream anymore. Not after everything he'd been through in his life. Life itself didn't even fear him anymore. 

But god, nothing would've prepared him for what he was about to see. The moment he suddenly realized that there was in fact still one lingering fear that existed for him, a fear he had to choose to fight or run from. 

-------------

Author's note: 

A bit of a short one just because I feel like a horrible author for depriving you of content on my part.

The next chapter will be interesting so hopefully I get onto that as soon as possible. 

All love :)