Who are you?

Your laugh echoed loudly across the field as you jumped through the mud puddles that had formed moments before. The rain above you dimmed a bit before coming down hard again. The little rainbow over your girlfriend's head did not go unnoticed by you.

Pepa tried to contain herself and not turn to see you, your laughter was already making it too hard for her to finish her work. It was a watering day in the fields and you knew how difficult it could be for her, so you had offered to accompany her. The redhead didn't think it was a good idea, precisely because it was almost impossible for her to generate rain when you were with her.

But she couldn't say no to your little face, you were too adorable for your own good, always ready to smile at her and remind her how beautiful life was. Also, you helped her to recognize the beauty of her powers, to enjoy each and every one of her emotions. You brought out the best in her.

"Peps" you called her "Watch out for the rocks"

The older woman just rolled her eyes, giggling softly as you went back to playing with the rain and puddles. She was sure that she would have already finished if you weren't here distracting her and chasing the clouds away from her, but she preferred a thousand times to take a few more hours than not to have you by her side.

"Watch out for the rocks!" you yelled again "they're slippery"

"I know dear" she replied "I have it under control"

Pepa walked a few meters past you, ignoring the way you complained about the lack of rain. Just a few more meters and the whole field would be completely watered and you could go. Just a few more meters and-

"Pepa!!"

You gasped and ran to your girlfriend when she tripped over precisely one of the stones you warned her about. Why did she never listen to you?

"Are you ok?!"

The older woman just grunted as she pushed herself off the ground to sit up. Her ankle was hurting and the cloud above her was getting darker and darker. When she looked at you, there was no trace of the childlike joy that always shone in your eyes, only deep, sincere concern. It was something she had never seen in you.

"I'm fine" she lied "Just-OUCH!"

You frowned when you touched her ankle. Definitely broken if it hurt like that.

"We have to take you to Julieta" you said firmly

"What are you doing?" the redhead asked when you put one arm under her legs and wrapped the other around her waist.

"I'm not going to let you walk or jump there" you rolled your eyes "besides, it will be faster this way"

You didn't give the older woman time to register your words. In a quick and precise movement, you picked her up and turned around, walking with her in your arms. Pepa let out a small gasp of surprise and she couldn't stop her cheeks from heating up (or the temperature around you rising considerably).

She had never known this side of you. You had always been fun, playful, happy, and adorable, where did this strong, protective and serious person come from?! You didn't even seem to be making any effort as you carried her bridal style back to Casita.

Pepa didn't register her sister's voice either, or the way you placed her carefully on a chair or the hasty way Julieta practically stuffed an empanada into her mouth. All she could think about was this new side of you.

You laughed softly as you placed a playful kiss on the corner of her mouth and a small rainbow exploded above the cloud above her head. Yep, you'd have a great conversation after your girlfriend recovered from the shock.