A Place To Call Home

"Good morning." Ashley rolled over towards Spencer. Smile still planted on her face from last night. She couldn't believe that Spencer was back in her life and that today they would be shopping for a house.

"Mmm, morning." Spencer smiled and mumbled into the pillow.

"You know how happy you make me?" Ashley lifted Spencer's head to face her.

"I think I have an idea." Spencer nodded, leaning in a kissing her girlfriend.

"Today we start the rest of our lives." Ashley said, getting up from the bed. 

"Ashley, I was thinking..." Spencer trailed off causing Ashley to turn and look at her.

"You didn't get cold feet did you?" Ashley asks quickly, kneeling down in front of Spencer on the bed.

"No." Spencer shook her head. "Not at all." Spencer added and Ashley let out a sigh of relief.

"Then what is it?" 

"We're all under the age of eighteen, how do we plan on buying a house exactly?" Spencer asked. Ashley hadn't thought of that. How exactly would they go about this seeing as though none of them were legally old enough to do so.

Ashley thought for a second, trying to figure out something...anything to make their plan work. "What if we pretend like we're searching for something for my mom. I'm sure she wouldn't mind signing some papers if that meant she didn't have to take care of me anymore." 

"Ashley I.."

"It's okay Spencer, I'll call her. You get dressed." Ashley said, standing and walking into the bathroom with her cell phone. Spencer sighed, realizing she might have hit a nerve with Ashley, but got up and got dressed.

They all ate breakfast then headed out to go house searching. 

"What about that one?" Spencer pointed to a light blue house to her left. 

They all looked to where Spencer was pointing and Ashley stopped the car. Before them, they saw their dream house, it wasn't a mansion, yet still pretty big. Luckily, there was an open house today so they were able to tour it.  It was a three bedroom roommate style home with two baths, a basement that could be transformed into a theater and a kitchen the size of Texas.

"What do you guys think of this one?" Ashley turned as asked the group who stood behind her as they marvelled at the beautiful kitchen. "I personally, think it's great!" Ashley turned back around and smiled, taking in the scene in front of her. This house was her dream home. 

"It's perfect." Spencer whispered as she walked up behind Ashley, wrapping her arms around her waist.

"It's beyond perfect." Kyla and Deb smiled and said in unison.

Okay, then this is the one." Ashley stated simply, pulling out her phone and texting someone. "It'll be done by tonight." She added as Spencer smiled then leaned in to kiss her.

"I love you." Spencer whispered into Ashley's lips.

"I love you." Ashley replied, reconnecting their lips.

"Before this turns into a full on make out session, would it be possible to go eat lunch first, I'm starving." Deb said, getting a chuckle from her girlfriend. 

"Fine." Ashley pulled back from Spencer, rolling her eyes.

"Where are we going?" Spencer asked, taking Ashley's hand in her own.

"In and Out?" Kyla suggested.

"Oh, that sounds so good; I'm in the mood for a cheeseburger." Spencer said cheerfully, causing Ashley to giggle at her.

"You're so cute." Ashley leaned over and kissed her girlfriend as the headed out the front door. They all seemed to stop in the door way and turn to get one last look. They couldn't believe that this would be their home soon enough. 

--

It took about a week for all the paperwork to go through on the house and just as Ashley suspected, her mother was more than willing to sign the papers to get them in the house until Ashley was of age. The girls were starting to settle into their new home.

A home with no rules.

With no overbearing parents.

But most of all, a home that they shared with the ones they loved more than words could express.

Of course, Paula hated the fact that Spencer was moved into a house with Ashley but Arthur convinced her that if she didn't let Spencer do this that they would lose her forever and she loved her daughter so she decided to put her feelings aside and let her daughter find her own way. 

At the new house

"I can't believe I get to wake up next to you every single day." Spencer smiled as her and Ashley cuddled on the bed. 

"I know exactly how you feel." Ashley smiled and kissed Spencer on the forehead. "I love you." She whispered.  

"I love you too." Spencer replied, connecting their lips. 

"Seriously guys?" Deb asked bursting into their room, Kyla hot on her trail. "Enough with the mushy love crap and help us get the rest of the stuff from the car please." Kyla rolled her eyes at the love birds before quickly turning back around and walking down the stairs. 

"Yes ma'am!" Spencer and Ashley both shouted, shooting up from the bed to an upright position and saluting Deb.

"Haha, very funny." Deb slapped them both on the arm as they giggled and made their way down the stairs to help Kyla.

"When is the rest of the furniture being delivered?" Kyla asked as they carried the last few boxes into the house.

"Sometime this week, maybe Wednesday." Ashley shrugged, sitting the box down just inside the front door. 

"What do we do until then?" Deb asked. 

"We could always go and get the beds from our old house." Ashley suggested.

"How about we just sleep on blankets on the floor, I mean we would only have to do it for a couple days, what would be the point in getting the old beds when they would just go back in two days."

"Yeah Spencer does have a point." Deb chimed in. 

"Okay I guess." Kyla said with a bit of an attitude. 

"Oh my God, Ky.  What have I done to you? I think I've turned you into the old me, you are so spoiled."

"I am so not!" Kyla shouted, hitting her sister on the arm. 

"Ouch." Ashley rubbed her arm. "And whatever you say princess." 

"Can we just finish this please?" Kyla gestured to the boxes on the floor. 

"Aw baby, you upset?" Deb leaned over and asked her girlfriend. 

"No." Kyla answered quickly, bending down to pick up one of the boxes.

"Sure." Ashley chuckled, eliciting a dirty look from Kyla. 

"Come on baby, let's go up to our room and unpack."Deb grabbed Kyla's hand and took her up to their room to unpack.

"Why'd you do that?" Spencer turned to Ashley and asked. 

"What?" Ashley asked, holding her hands up; confused. 

"Nothing." Spencer smiled. "Never mind lets just go unpack."

Spencer and Ashley went up to their room to unpack also. They were all so happy that they had a place where they could be themselves and not worry about what other people thought. A place they could call home...