I'm not ready yet

"Where have you been young lady, it's past midnight. Two hours later than your curfew."

"I know mom, I kinda just lost track of time." Spencer tries to explain to her mother, who she could tell was livid with her.

"What were you doing that made you lose track of time? Glen told me you left the party early." Paula said.

"Yeah, I went and hung out with Ashley." Spencer explains.

"Ashley." Paula said sternly. "Spencer if this Ashley is going to be a bad influence and keeping you out this late then..." 

"No!" Spencer said cutting her off. "I mean, it wasn't her fault, she keep insisting that we leave but I wanted to stay just a little longer." Spencer lied.

"Where exactly were you two?"

"We went to the beach." Spencer says quickly. Wanting this conversation to just be over. "Can I go to bed now? I'm really tired."

"Sure sweetie." Paula told her sweetly. "Just promise me you wont break curfew again."

"I promise. Goodnight mom." Spencer said then took off to her room. She didn't want her mom to think of something else to yell at her about.

"Goodnight sweetie." Paula yelled after her retreating daughter.

Spencer laid in the bed for about an hour, but found that she couldn't sleep. She didn't know if it was because she was so happy about her and Ashley or if it was because she was nervous. She decided to text Ashley.

'You up?' Spencer asked her.

'I am now.'

'Oh, sorry, I just couldn't sleep.'

'It's okay. What's on your mind?'

'You.' Spencer replied truthfully.

'Is that right? Well I was thinking about you too.' Ashley replied.

'But you were asleep.' Spencer giggled as she typed.

'I know.' Ashley replied. Then added a few seconds later. 'I was dreaming about you so that means I was thinking about you. Hey maybe if you go to sleep you'll dream about me too.'

'Okay Okay, I can take a hint. I'll see you tomorrow.' Spencer sent with a smileyface.

'Okay, Goodnight.'

'Goodnight.'

Spencer laid back down and tried to go to sleep after about an hour she finally drifted off to sleep. And just like Ashley said she had a dream about her. The next morning when Spencer awoke she was even happier then when she went to bed. She was happy because she was about to see Ashley. Ashley came and picked Spencer up around one to go to the mall. They hung out at the mall all day, then Ashley suggested that they go back to her place. Spencer called her mom to get permission and Paula gave it to her. So they went to Ashley's house. When they got there Ashley's moms' car was parked in the driveway.

"Great, she's home." Ashley sighed. "I wonder for how long." She added as they got out the car and walked inside. Ashley walked to her mother's room, Spencer followed. Ashley's mom was packing her clothes.

"What's going on?" Ashley asked her mother who turned and smiled a insincere smile.

"Oh nothing." She said turning back to what she was doing. "I just came to get a few of my things."

"What else is new..." Ashley mumbled.

"Anyways." Ashley's mother said zipping up her bag and walking towards the door. "Here's some money," She said tossing it to her. Some of it hitting the ground. "It should hold you over until I come back to get some more of my things." With that Ashley's mother walked out the door got in her car and drove off.