Changed?

Spencer stretched as she looked over to a still sound asleep Michelle. She smiled, knowing how much she'd help the girl by girl being a good friend last night. The vision of kissing Michelle far from her mind now. She knew she'd had to have gone insane momentarily to have even thought it. She reached over to the nightstand, grabbing her phone and calling Deb to come pick her up. Ashley called and texted over fifteen times. She knew there would be problems when she got home.

She tried her best to slide out of bed quietly, but to no avail.

“Good morning.” Michelle said groggily.

“Morning.” Spencer smiled at the girl.

“So it was um... nice having you over and thanks again for listening Spencer.”

“No problem.” Spencer waved the girl off as she slipped out of the shorts she'd been given last night and back into the ones she came over in. “I just want you to know that you can call me anytime if you ever need to talk.”

“Okay.” Michelle smiled brightly. “You're an amazing person Spencer. Thank you for seeing something in me that I haven't seen in a long time.” Michelle got up from the bed and wrapped her arms around the blonde.

“What's that?” Spencer questioned.

Michelle smiled before shaking her head lightly and shrugging embarrassed. “A heart.” She replied lightly. Spencer awed and pulled the girl in for another hug.
“You've always had a heart Michelle, you're an awesome person. You just need to find your place in the world.” Spencer smiled kissing the girl on the cheek. “Deb's waiting for me so I'm gonna head out okay, remember you can call me anytime.”

“K.” Michelle nodded eagerly, happy to have made a true friend. Spencer gathered up the rest of her things and headed downstairs and out to the car where Deb was waiting.

“Spencer...” Is all Deb says when she gets in the car but Spencer already knew what was up from the tone of Deb's voice.

“How mad is she?”

“She hasn't come out of her room since last night.”

“Great.” Spencer said sarcastically and sighed. “Just what I need.” They pulled off and went to their house. Spencer went inside and upstairs to her and Ashley's room. Ashley was laying on the bed looking up at the ceiling. Spencer walked over and sat next to her on the bed.

“Ashley...” Spencer called to her girlfriend. Ashley continued to stare at the ceiling, not saying a word. “Ashley look, I know you're mad at me but I had a really good reason for staying over there last night. Michelle really needed a friend and if you knew what she's been through you'd--”

“So tell me!” Ashley sat up and turned to face Spencer. “Tell me what was so damn important last night that you needed to turn off your phone while your girlfriend sat alone at home?” Ashley quirked a brow and waited for an answer.

Spencer thought for a second. She shouldn't just tell Michelle's business like that, if Michelle wanted to tell Ashley then that would be her choice, but Spencer shouldn't make that choice for her.

“I can't tell you.” Spencer replied in almost a whisper.

“Of course you can't!” Ashley scoffed and laid back in her previous position.

“Ashley nothing happened I swear. I love you, no one else.” Spencer tried but it was clear that Ashley wasn't having it.

“I hope being her friend last night was worth losing your girlfriend today.” Ashley said, turning over so her back was to Spencer. She couldn't be serious Spencer thought. They were gonna break up over something this small? After all they've been through?