You , Me and the Road

This will be the last update on this story until Wednesday, but I will probably post two chapters next week. :)

-----------------------------------------------

"What are you going to say to Spencer when we get there, Ashley? I mean the last time you two talked you kinda told her you didn't wanna be with her." Kyla pointed out to her sister as the cool air from outside filled their car. It was nice being on the road, heading towards something they both wanted. 

"Thanks for the update Kyla." Ashley replied sarcastically. 

"What?" Kyla chuckled and shrugged. "I'm just saying."

"Well don't just say." Ashley turned her head sharply to face her sister, a serious look on her face.

"Okay, okay." Kyla held her hands up in defense. "How long before we're there?"

"What are you five?"

"No, I was just wondering because I was going to take a nap and I didn't want to--"

"Ky, you can take ten naps and we still wont be there yet." Ashley said, laughing a little to herself.

"What? How long is the drive?"

"Let's just say we have a couple days to bond." Ashley joked, smiling when she saw the surprised look on Kyla's face. 

"Why didn't we just fly, oh my God! I cannot be in a car for that long Ashley!" Kyla half shouted, hysteria taking over. 

"Just go to sleep, I'll wake you up when I'm tired so you can drive."

"Fine." Kyla laid her seat back and drifted off to sleep.

On the plane

"Spence you okay?" Deb asked as her best friend stared out the window.

"I will be." Spencer replied, never taking her eyes from the clouds that filled the sky outside her window.

"Spencer, she really did love you ya know, and I'm sure under different circumstances she would have stay with you. You know how things are Spencer, people don't care who they hurt, they believe in what they were brought up to believe and what we are has never been okay with anyone.

Spencer turned and looked at her friend. Sadness evident in her eyes. "But you and Kyla got through it, you guys stayed together." She pointed out. "Even with all this going on, everything that has happened, you two made it."

"Maybe Ashley thought she wouldn't be strong enough to deal with the persecution. But its funny though how people are quick to judge others but slow to judge themselves. No one's perfect but everyone sees everyone else's imperfections and never their own, that's just the way the world is." Deb shrugs and shakes her head. 

"I know." Spencer says, turning back to the window. "And it sucks." She adds.

In the car

"Wake up, Kyla." Ashley said, shaking her sister awake.

"What, huh?" Kyla asks, stirring awake. "What is it, Ash?"

"I've pulled over so you can drive." Ashley told her sister, unbuckling her seat belt.

"Okay, give me like five minutes to wake up. How long was I asleep?" Kyla asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"Ten hours." Ashley replied like it was no big deal.

"You've seriously been driving for ten hours straight?" Kyla asked her sister with raised brows.