The human realm

A/N. Omg omg OH MY GOD!!!! The newest episode! The twist! No spoilers here but OH MY GOD!
Anyway enjoy the chapter.

Amity pov

I stood with Luz in front of the door to the human realm, a mix of excitement and nervousness swirling inside my gut culminating in a feeling of nausea that I was utterly failing to hide.

"You don't need to be nervous." Luz said sweetly as she gave my hand a little squeeze.

I looked at her for reassurance, while I had been to the human world before I hadn't been there for very long and my interaction with Luz's mother had been extremely limited. Camilla had seemed incredibly loving of Luz and had initially tried to make it so Luz never returned. And while I, as well as everyone else, had been able to convince Camilla to allow Luz to stay, who knew what it might take to send Camilla into a protective panic, making her change her mind.

"Alright you trouble makers let's get going." Eda said as she exited the Owl house.

"Can I come see Luz's mom?!" Hooty loudly asked as he stretched his way over to the door.

"Do you think that's a good idea Hooty?" Luz asked with a raised eyebrow.
"Considering the last time she saw you my Mom fainted!"

"Maybe next time Hooty." Eda said as she patted the owl tube.
"You kids ready?"

I took a deep breath in a final attempt to calm my nerves, to little success as the 3 of us stepped through the portal. We came out the other side surrounded by the woodland that decorated the land around the old abandoned shack. We began the short walk to Camilla's house and after a couple of minutes we were there knocking on the door. I mentally prepared myself to face Luz's mother. Now that me and Luz was dating I felt an extra need to impress the woman, even if me and Luz weren't public with our relationship.

It didn't take long for Luz's mother to open the door with a large smile on her face.
"Oh bienvenida a casa, Luz." She said as she opened up her arms and pulled her daughter in for a large hug which Luz gleefully reciprocated.

"Mama, Amity y Eda todavia no saben Español." Luz said as she broke away from the hug.

"Ah yes my apologies." Camilla said as she looked toward me and Eda.
"How are you all doing?"

"I'm hot and awesome as per the usual." Eda said with a wink and I'm sure I saw a small blush on Camilla's face when she did.

"And how are you dear Amity?" Camilla asked me.

"I'm doing a lot better thank you." I answered honestly. Whenever people used to ask me this I had always lied and said I was fine when in fact I was miserable. However, now that I was dating Luz and living with Lilith and Nick, I was much happier and felt I could finally be honest with people about how I was feeling.

"Well don't just stand there!" Camilla said with a smile.
"Come in, have a drink."

The 3 of us made our way inside at the woman's invitation. We made ourselves comfortable in the living room as Camilla brought us all some tea carried on a tray. She sat down and we began partaking in conversation.
"So Luz, how are classes going at school?"

"Omg Mami they are going so amazing." Luz said with excited wide eyes as she began lightly bouncing like she always did when she was passionate about something.
"So they turned the human club into an actual class so me and Gus have been having so much fun cause Nick is teaching us!"

"Isn't a human taking a class about human's a little unfair?" Camilla said with a laugh.

"Nah cause I'm still learning SO MUCH stuff I never knew." Luz continued as Eda playfully rolled her eyes at the girls excitement.