Unknown helper

A/N. Trigger warning, mentions of homophobia. Reader discretions is advised.

Luz pov

"Woah what is that!" Amity said as she pointed at a vehicle as she grabbed my arm out of fear.

"That's a car." I said with a giggle.

"It looks dangerous." She said as she ran her arm down my arm, holding my hand.

"They can be yeah." I admitted.

"Is the human world always this terrifying?" Amity asked with a nervous laugh.

"The demon realm has giant worm creatures with deadly sharp teeth, how can you call this place terrifying?" I countered with a smile.

"Well I mean that's different though." Amity said back with a shy smile.

I give her a quick kiss on the cheek, causing her to go bright red, still clearly not used to our relationship yet.
"Of course it is sweetie."

"So what do you fancy seeing while you're here?" I ask Amity, we'd made our way into town and Amity was looking around in complete awe. Because I'd been going between the human world and demon realm so much I'd kinda forgotten just how much more advanced my world was in the technology department. Like the demon realm has phones sure but the buildings here were way bigger, the streets were way busier, cars were everywhere. It was so cute to see Amity try and understand this fanciful land that was so different from hers, I wonder if this is what I was like when I first got to bonesborough.

"I wanna see everything." Amity responded with eyes wide with excitement.

I giggle at her ambition.
"That would be hard to do in one day." I point out.
"How about we go to the mall, they've got tons of different stuff there."

Amity nodded with excitement and we began making our way to the closest mall.

Lilith pov

Me and Nick wander through the market, picking up ingredients that we'll need for the week, as well as some things we can use for potions.
"You really think throwing these random herbs and remedies together is gonna cure Eda?" The illusionist asks me.

I give a heavy sigh.
"I have to try, it's my fault she's cursed and it's getting worse."

"There has to be some way to reverse her curse." Nick says as he picks up a piece of fruit and examines it.
"Maybe the forbidden section of the library has something. I mean it's where you got the book on how to curse her from in the first place."

"It's forbidden for a reason." I point out.
"And as enemies of the emperor I don't think they're going to just let us in."

"Amity has a library card." Nick points out.

"You want to leave the fate of my sister in the hands of a child?" I ask with annoyance at the idea.
"What if she gets caught or hurt?"

"Considering everything they've been through, it's a bit late to try and keep the kids from getting involved in our affairs." Nick remarks as he puts the fruit back. I notice him slip a knife out of it's holder, hiding it with his arm.

My eyes dart to the side as a figure slips into an alleyway.
"We're being followed." I say to Nick who nods in agreement.

"Emperor's coven?" He asks me.

"Hard to tell." I admit.
"They probably don't want to cause the scene in the middle of the market." After word got out that the emperors coven had been supporting the blights with their attempt to control Amity, public opinion of the emperor's coven had been at an all time low, with everyone finally questioning the morality of the group.