Echoes of the past pt 3

A/N. Omg! Between edge of the world with owl house and beginning of the end with Amphibia Disney is gonna go bankrupt after I sue them for emotional damage.

Anyway enjoy the chapter

Eda pov

"Please Edalyn." The woman responds.
"I am you mother."

I scowl at my mother as the shock of her appearance wears off.
"What are you doing here?"

"Can a mother not just come visit my daughter?" She responds with an innocent smile.

Suddenly I hear a loud excited voice behind me.
"MOM!" Lilith says excitedly as she practically crashes through the door.

"Hello my sweetflea." Our mother says as she hugs Lilith.

"It's been so long since I've seen you." Lilith says as she tightens her hug.

"I suppose it has been a while hasn't it dear?" Gwendolyn responds.

"How long has it been?" I ask them with surprise.

"Oh I'm not sure." Gwendolyn responds but is interrupted by Lilith.

"7 years 3 months and 27 days." Lilith adds quickly.

"Seriously?!" I say with a bit of jaded annoyance.
"You come here every year to tell me about your latest stupid 'cure' but you haven't seen Lilith in 7 years?!"

"You visit Eda regularly?!" Lilith says with a betrayed hurt.

"Well I've been working round the clock to find a way to reverse your curse!" Gwendolyn argues.

"Which I have told you time after time to stop and that my elixers work just fine!" I snap. While it's not entirely true as I have had to upgrade to stronger elixers but they're still more effective than anything my mother has ever found.

"Yes but surely you would rather be rid of your curse rather than always drinking that horrid stuff." My mother argues.

"As true as that may be nothing you've ever given me is an actual cure so I'm done getting my hopes up." I say as I approach the door to the house.
"Goodbye."

As I try to close the door it's held open by my mother who invites herself inside.
"Edalyn please I'm just trying to help."

"Are you ever going to get it through your head mother." I say, my patience running out.
"I. DON'T. WANT. YOUR. HELP!"

My mother throws her hands up in defeat. "You agree with me right sweetflea?" She asks desperatley.

My sister is wearing a saddened expression, no doubt at the revelation that our mother had been visiting me once a year but hadn't bothered to visit her in over 7.

"Mother I have been searching for a cure also to little success." Lilith begins.
"I'm starting to doubt it can even be cured."

"Oh nonsense." Gwen refutes.
"There must be a way to be rid of this troublesome curse."

"Mother enough!" I say angrily, feeling my stress levels start to rise as feathers begin to sprout along my arms.

"Edalyn please calm down!" Lilith says urgently.

"Why should I calm down?!" I growl as I fell to the ground.
"I have a right to be angry!" I feel talons grow out my fingers as the owl beast takes over and my vision goes black.

Luz POV

I let out a large breath that I'd been using while using my spell. I took some deep breaths as King picked up the staff in his mouth.
"Okay get that to Hunter okay." I say to king as I raise my bat and run towards the creature which has picked up Nick and is crushing him with his large hands. I slam my bat into the beasts leg, activating a fire glyph to make an explosion on his leg. The creature falls to one knee and drops Nick.