Some Sort of Coping Mechanism

Hey guys. This chapter has SMUT. It's not very GOOD smut, but it's still smut. You have been warned.

You had been sitting on your couch, lazing around, when the nightly sitcom that you had been drowning out had been interrupted by breaking news.

It had been a week since the dark feeling of being watched had dissipated. With a lighter heart, you had become more comfortable around campus again and had even started to form a friendship with your new roommate, who also happened to be a very rich vampire.

You had enjoyed feeling so at ease again that you had completely forgotten about the missing boy that you had slept with. That was, until the news reporter grimly informed the audience that his body had been found, torn to pieces and rotting under a bridge near campus.

The news rocked you to your core, and you had puked several times in the span of twenty minutes. There were no current suspects, and the crime was so brutal that coroner had hardly been able to identify the body at first.

Alice had tried to comfort you silently, but without her words to distract you, you could only focus on the memories of the boys face when you had said goodbye to him the morning after you had slept together.

It broke your heart to think that he had been so young, and would never get to experience the rest of his life due to whatever cruel monster had decided to take it from him.

After three days of laying around and skipping classes and ignoring all text messages and calls, you finally pulled yourself together enough to shower, change into something slutty and red, and to call a taxi.

It was a stupid decision, really. Of all of the solutions that came to mind, going to an expensive bar catered mainly towards elite vampires was not the best.

You could have returned Aera's calls, let her talk you down from your grief, and then let her help you catch up on the three days of class that you had skipped.

You could have let Sungho bring you delicious takeout and watch movies with him, a nice and tame distraction from the horrid death that was rocking the campus.

No. Instead, you chose to get absolutely shitfaced at an elite bar that most struggled to get into without a bribe to security.

You had money though. You thanked your wealthy parents as you slipped a fat wad of cash that you had been keeping in your savings jar to the buff man at the front, thanking him as you waltzed into the dark space.

This was how you managed to get where you were now, sitting at the bar, five very intense drinks in and wavering on the edge of unconsciousness. You were trashed, but you didn't intend to stop until you could forget about the poor boys face.

The appeal to coming to such an elite bar with such...Expensive patrons, was that they almost always minded their own business. There were no rowdy frat boys who would bother you no matter what. No drunken dancing or risk of being drugged.

This bar was technically the safest place to get absolutely demolished at so that you could forget your grief.

You picked up your nearly empty cup of whiskey and took another swig, wrinkling your nose at the taste. It didn't matter how expensive it was, you always disliked the taste of it.

"Not your kind of drink, hmm?" A deep, silky voice asked from behind you. You startled, nearly dropping the cup, as a tall figure came to sit beside you. Instantly, his cologne filled your senses.

He smelled spicy, expensive. And, he was certainly quite attractive. His hair was black, and as shiny as polished obsidian. It was styled impeccably and framed his handsome face perfectly.