Back To Normal

The first thing that you noted when you woke up was a throbbing ache throughout your entire body. The silken sheets against your bruised skin even felt like too much to your delirious brain.

The second thing you noted was your severe dehydration. Your throat was completely parched, and when you tried to make a noise you had spiraled into a small coughing fit.

When you finally felt brave enough to face the pain in your body, you forced yourself to sit up and open your eyes.

For a moment, you were severely confused. This wasn't your room. Your room was a splash of color, disorganized and full of little things that you loved to keep around.

This room was boring. Plain gray walls, large windows covered in black blinds, a bed that was draped with red silk sheets and a luxurious comforter instead of your familiar purple bed set.

The sound of someone showering from behind the door furthest from you finally reached your ears, and the memories of the night before finally came flooding back to you.

Your face instantly began to burn as you sifted through your memories, trying to piece together everything to ensure that you had not done anything outstandingly embarrassing.

You shoved the sheet off of your body, shivering at the coolness in the air as you pushed yourself off of the bed. Your legs screamed at you to sit back down, and you almost obliged.

You knew however that your nameless lover would only be in the shower for so long, and you didn't want to face any awkward conversations with him when he got out.

You slowly moved around the room, hunting for your dress. It was draped across the soft armchair in the corner of the room, wrinkled and obviously used to wipe up something not very innocent.

You wrinkled your nose at it, not very inclined to put it back on since it had been dirtied. You took another look around the room before finally stopping in front of what looked to be the closet.

"He's rich, surely he won't notice if a t-shirt and sweats go missing..." You muttered to yourself as you pushed the door open. Sure enough, in one of the drawers, there was a pair of soft sweatpants.

The vampire didn't seem to own any t-shirts, but did have a few sweaters hanging up. You tried to pick out the least expensive looking one, praying that he wouldn't be too mad at you for taking it.

You figured that you could always write down his address and drop them off after you got home and changed into your own clothes again.

You quickly pulled his clothes on, breathing in the faint smell of cologne that seemed to stick to the fabric. You swiped your phone from the bedside table, and rushed to the front door.

You exited the apartment, taking note of the number, before heading into the elevator. You cringed as you realized that you had left your shoes, but didn't attempt to go back.

You wouldn't be wearing them on the walk home anyways. Heels didn't exactly go with sweats.

When the elevator finally reached the lobby, you exited and quickly made your way towards the glass doors at the entrance. Though the lobby wasn't crowded, there were still a few residents milling about. You didn't like the way that they looked at you knowingly as you exited the building.

You didn't feel fully relieved until you were finally in a cab, your phone clutched tightly in your hand. For some reason, this morning had felt different for you.

Whenever you had a one-night stand, you didn't really care about getting out before you had the opportunity to speak to whoever it was that you had slept with.