NOTICE

Hey.

This is the Notice that no author wants to write, and that no reader wants to read.

I'm discontinuing the A Sealed Fate series.

I may finish Ruby Encrusted Cages someday, but as of now I don't even want to open the document.

I've grown to resent it. I constantly wish that I had just left the end of E&B as a final ending: No room for a second book.

It's done nothing but irritate me and stress me out. I want to move on to other projects, take my time to really form a good fic. I feel like I can't do that if I'm stuck focusing on REC.

I hope that some of you will at least stick around even after the discontinuation/hiatus of this fic. I have other projects that I truly want to work on, and I hope you'll stay to see them.

I'm sorry to be one of those authors who hooks people into their fic and then just...stops it halfway through. But I truly cannot stand to work on this fic anymore.

Just in case I don't ever get around to finishing REC, or you (understandably) don't want to wait around for any possible updates, here's how the rest of the fic was going to go.

SPOILERS AHEAD. DO NOT READ IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO KNOW THE ENDING OF RUBY ENCRUSTED CAGES

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

So, we last left off at Y/N being kidnapped by a mystery vampire. Well, that vampire was one of the brother's assistants.

She wakes up, see's Jungkook, and to make a long story short she realizes that he's one of the Elders.

The brothers tell her about her past, and that she was their soulmate, and she has a hard time believing it at first. Namjoon and Jin are off at the ruins of Caidal, looking for the last wilted Chrysanthemum so that they can turn her into a powerful vampire too, so that they can never lose her again.

Y/N fights a lot at first in the mansion that they cage her in. They dress her in a lot of old gowns and pamper her, but are also a lot harsher(?) with her because they still didn't forgive her for what she had done to them years ago.

Y/N begins to accept her new reality, even though she's scared and wants to go back to her normal life. Since she grew up in a vampire society and spent all of her life hearing about how strong Elder's were, she loses a lot of her will to fight cause she knows it's a pointless battle.

There were a lot of smutty scenes that were planned, as she allowed herself to sleep with the brothers and let her will be broken down. This was before she knew that they were going to turn her, because they didn't mention it to her.

It was just easier to her to let them love her, because if she didn't surely they would harm her past repair.

A few months after she gets sealed in the mansion with the brothers, Namjoon and Jin return with the Chrysanthemum. When she learns that she'll be turned into them, she finally decides to fight and tries to leave.

Alice, who just wants to be let free herself finally, catches Y/N and assists the brothers in tying her down while they perform the ritual.

Y/N turns, and when she wakes up she's horrified at the feeling of being a vampire. You know, no heartbeat, cold, heightened senses, thirst for blood.

The book ends with Y/N finally settling down and accepting her fate. She allows the brothers to punish her for her past misdeeds now that she's as strong as them, and she fills in the role of an Elder alongside the brothers. Much like a King and Queen. She's very unhappy, but she finally understands that there is no escape.

Angry at Alice for not letting her escape, she strips away her freedom once again and dooms her to become her maid again.

That's basically how the fic would go. Not very great, but it was...something, I guess.

Oh yeah, some extra info that I had initially been excited to talk about

Alice wasn't reincarnated - she was turned into a vampire after the Princes got back, so she's still got the same body and mind from E&B.

Rae was supposed to show up later as a side character. During a flashback mainly. Rae was Y/N's high school bully.

The elders were supposed to have powers.

Namjoon saved Y/N's wedding dress from E&B and made her wear it the night she was turned.

Yoongi cut her finger off after she was turned, as payment for trying to run again. Then, he gifted her the glove that he made for her in E&B.

Yoongi also gave her the Music box from E&B

Y/N found a book when she first arrived at the mansion with names scrawled into it, like a "hit list" or something, and in it were the names of everyone who died because of her. The names triggered a vision for her that night when she went to bed.

Taehyung makes a freshly turned Y/N hunt Sungho for her first meal - she doesn't know it's him cause he was forced to wear a mask.

Y/N turns Aera and makes her a servant, because Aera ends up hating her when she finds out what she did and what she became. The only way to keep someone from her human life was to force her to be a servant.

Y/N's adoptive parents were actually paid from the start to watch her, by the Princes. That's why they were well off.