Breakup Arch | 1

"You mean everything to me... Rae I-I don't wanna lose you please don't do this... I-If I did anything wrong I-I'm s-sorry..." He said breaking down in tears

Rae just stumbled away, her makeup running down her face from the tears.

"Rae... Rae PLEASE DON'T DO THIS" He said pleading. "I- i love you..." Sykkuno said as she stopped in her tracks, surprised at the sudden confession.

"I'm sorry Thomas." She said with a whisper, and walked away not looking back at the emotionally distraught Sykkuno.

He just stood there, watching her walk away like he meant nothing to her, as if he was someone she could just let go instantly. He looked down at his reflection in the puddle, wiped the tears off his face and walked to his car, opened the driver's side door and sat there for a long time with his head on the wheel. Did I do something wrong? He thought.

He drove over to the OTV house, knocked on their door. Toast opened the door, and was surprised at the sight, a teary-eyed Sykkuno on his porch.

"Sy- Thomas? You okay?"

Sykkuno lunges into a hug, crying over his shoulder. "I screwed up... I-I think I lost her..."

"What? Who?" Toast said worried

"Rae..." Sykkuno said letting go, tears still rolling down his cheeks.

"Slow down, what happened?" He said, worried as he shut the door so no one could hear them inside.

"I think I messed it up but I don't know. She was the thing that drove me to play, to stream." He said, taking a step back and looking down. "I just came here to get away. But I know she'll come looking for me." With a deep sigh he said, "I think I'm gonna be gone for a while. I just need time for myself."

"I understand, I needed that too after my previous relationship. But what about all this? The streaming the well- everything."

"I feel like everytime I put on the stream, It's just gonna remind me of her. And I don't think I'm ready for that yet. I won't be gone forever, but I don't know how long yet."

"So, what next?"

"I don't know." He said walking backwards. "I'll see you sometime soon, I might need to grab some stuff from here. But other than that, I don't know."

"Okay, good luck. Take care brother." Toast said, walking to Syk and gave him a long hug. "I'll miss you man." He said with a glint of teariness in his eyes.

"I'll miss you too" Syk said with tears rolling down again.

Toast said his final goodbye and gave a wave as Sykkuno drove off.

Rae wasn't doing much better, she fled to her apartment, clueless as to what she did. She knew she meant everything to him, and he meant everything to her. She stumbled to the bathroom, and layed down in the bathtub. She just sat there, scrolling through her phone. Through all the pictures and videos of them together, those fun, awkward moments that made you laugh. But Rae was doing the opposite, she was crying. She called and texted him over and over, waiting for him to respond, but he never did.

Sykkuno drove for a long time, reminiscing all those times they talked offstream, how they laughed and cried together. But now he was alone, pushing everyone away, even the ones closest to him. He wanted alone time, Rae knew his parents and everything about him, where he would go if something would happen. So he opted to instead stop at a hotel nearby. He checked into the front desk, and chose a room for the night. Except he didn't sleep at all, his mind was too busy going through all those memories they had together, those 3 years they spent growing their relationship. Except now it's all crumbing over something stupid.

"Mahal kita" Her voice echoed as he was going through all those voice messages when he couldn't pick up.

But exhausted, he finally let in. Plugged his phone into the charger on the wall, and slept.

However the next day, he wasn't feeling much better. He checked his phone, 17 missed calls and 25 texts from Rae, 9 missed calls from Miyoung, and 5 from Poki.

He ignored all of them and turned on do not disturb.

He then got out of the bed, and went down to the lobby. "I left the key upstairs if that's okay." He said to the receptionist.

"That's fine! Have a good day sir"

"Thank you, you as well." He said as he walked out of the hotel.

Sykkuno was confused, he didn't know what to do now. For the first time in years he was by himself, no friends he wanted to see, nor family he wanted to visit.

So instead, he decided to just drive. He got into his car and put on one of his playlists, one that fit his exact mood. But, while scrolling through, he saw some of the songs she picked out for him. The ones he binged for hours, learned the lyrics to so they could vibe together in the car. Needless to say it made him tear up, it just reminded him more of her. The urge to call her back grew, lurking to him, but he resisted, put his phone down and drove to the nearest gas station.

There he noticed the little things that reminded him, crushing him slowly. Her favorite candy, the time she urged him to try a soda, the time she fell into his arms and both of them being flustered. But he shook it all off, again tearing up on the thought of losing her. He just stood by the gas pump, looking down at his shoes and then to the numbers slowly rising until they stopped, he gained back focus, paid and drove off.