Breakup Arch | 6

A few months passed by. Sykkuno continued to grind the gym, for hours on end pushing himself

Going for runs in the morning and at night, starting out at 1 mile then pushing to 6 miles. Eating healthy and was in the best shape of his life. Played guitar in his free time and barely went on his computer anymore. He had the occasional interaction with OTV, every two weeks he'd contact Toast or Lily just to check up. His mindset completely changed, no longer was he an e-boy, instead confident in himself and willing to finally get her back.

But first, he had to make a return to the internet, something he's never done before. An idea popped into his head and he figured he's had enough practice. A music stream..

He secretly went live in the middle of the night, around 11:45 PM

Rae was sitting in her bed, scrolling through TikTok, when she saw a Twitter notification pop up at the top of her phone. She got rid of it but saw a familiar name, Sykkuno. She pulled down the screen to reveal what it said.

Unexpectedly she saw him... live? Intrigued, she switched over to her PC and pressed on the stream. She hasn't seen him ever since he told her he needed time. But when she pressed on the stream, it was just a black screen. There was no face cam or anything, just a black screen and 7k viewers that were in confusion as well. Chatters like, "Did he accidentally go live?" and "We haven't seen you in forever! SykHeart"

But then he unmuted, no one expected this but he started to strum his guitar. Still on the black screen, he said "can you guys hear it okay?" and took a deep breath. He said "good, I've been practicing a couple songs ever since I left." "My Sad Boy Hours the past few months have allowed me to discover some new people. Recently I've been listening to Conan Gray. The lyrics he writes spoke to me." "So anyway, here's Movies." He played it beautifully, exactly how the song was, but everyone was even more shocked. He started to sing? No one expected it, not even Rae.

She only heard a word or two when they were living together, but not to this extent.

"I look at you like you're perfect for me." He sang, and continued to play. "Falling in love with a damn fantasy. That's so me. So me."

Listening to him sing, Rae heard every lyric and it reached out to her. Chat was spamming with broken hearts, people were complimenting his voice and saying things like "what happened?".

He finished the song, and chat was hyped, grasping for more guitarkkuno and he let in. "Alright, this one might be bad, but here's Footnote." He learned this song as soon as he heard of it. The lyrics spoke out to him, making him think of Rae, giving him that motivation to drown in self-improvement.

"You said at the party that I was too drunk. I told you I liked you, you said 'Sober Up'. But why would I lie, it's so clear I'm in love with you..." He sounded like he was gonna start crying.

He kept playing, "You ate at a restaurant, the host said we're cute, they think we're a couple, they bought us some booze, we shared the Moscato and laughed 'cause it's true... to me. Oh, and I'd be embarrassed if I weren't so pleased that everyone else sees what you never see we're perfect together, but I'll never be the one." Only this time he did start crying, not to the knowledge of chat, but the tears started falling slowly. All those times that they're friends started to joke about them, and he or she would just play it off as a joke.

She really noticed the lyrics this time, hearing him start to break down. She started crying too, realizing that he chose the songs because of her.

"S-Sorry that it's been a while guys. My mind hasn't been in a good place." "I've been pushing myself to be better, hitting the gym and have been going on runs in the morning." "And it's been going well, my physical state is the best it's ever been, can't say the same about my mental state though." But he saw a chatter that said "Why are you doing this to yourself?" So he responded. "Why am I doing this for myself?.. Well it's worth it for her. I miss her. I hope you're doing okay." He felt her presence there. And said in a sudden boost of confidence, "Call me when you get the chance if you're watching. Been meaning to talk." And he pressed end stream.

She was shocked, and happy they could talk after all this time. She was the one that was being lazy, crazy how her life switched without him there. She decided to call him a little bit after his stream.

"Hello?" His voice spoke, nervous for what could happen.

"Thomas? H-Hey." She said shakily

"You've been doing alright?" He said gently. "I've been meaning to call you for the longest time but people told me you were constantly busy."

"Yeah I know... I-It's just been hard without you." She said audibly tearing up. "Listen, I never meant to hurt you. That wasn't me..."

"I know it wasn't you. If anything I should have known better to not advance."

"No, if anything I should've kept it light on the drinking!" She said with a slight giggle

He chucked a bit. "Yeah, we should have just stayed there for the night."

A short pause ensued. "God I missed you so much. I missed your voice, your face, just you."

"I missed you too..." He chuckled a bit, "Is it alright if we FaceTimed instead? I wanna see you."

"Um sure? Just don't look at me" She said, accepting the call.

"Too late, hey" He said with a smile.

"Hey!" She said laughing back.

"You know I saw that note. Before I moved away."
"You did? I-"

"I kept it," cutting her off, "It's still on my monitor, just to remind me of you." He walked over to his set up and flipped the camera.

"Really? Well I still have some big things from when you were here."

"Like what?"

"For starters, I found some of your clothes lying around the house." She angled the phone to her closet. "And also your old guitar, but that's in Leslie's room."

"Yeah I realized I left some really good outfits there."

"May or may not have been wearing your hoodies." She said not disclosing the fact that she took his Corpse hoodie.

"Rae?! Well that's fine, actually I bought some real nice ones."

"Wanna show me?"

"I mean I could, but why not just show in person..."

"You could, cause I got some outfits to show you too." She said, smirking.

"Why don't I just come to LA to see you? I mean I want to see you... It's been too long. I feel like a part of me is missing."

"I'd like that." She said with a smile.

"I'll be there soon. You'll be okay. We'll be okay right?"

"Yeah, we'll be okay."

"Good. Night Rae, talk to you in the morning okay?"

"Yeah sure, night Syk"