Visions of War

~My head is filled with fear of war
Fear and threat of war~

"So, Kreese came by again?"

"Yeah, spewing some shit about 'real war' and what not. Brought up my dad too"

Jade nodded, her foot bouncing up and down from nicotine withdrawal. 

"You gonna join Cobra Kai?" Robby snorted leaning back in the chair with arms crossed. Jade felt her stomach drop a little. 

"Of course not. I'm done with Karate, Jay."  

There was a silence between the two, neither of them unsure what to say. In the past, pauses in conversations were pleasant and desired. But this silence felt uncomfortable, like walking on gravel. 

Trying to burst the awkward bubble that suffocated the two, Jade looked at the bruises on Robby's face and pointed them out again. "You still lettin' people fuck with you I see." 

Robby rolled his eyes. "Fighting isn't the answer." Jade rolled her eyes and scoffed.

"Bullshit, Robby. Sometimes you gotta fight or else you will get fucked over. Stop being a pussy and-"

"Shut up, Jade!" Robby hit the table in frustration, gaining a warning from the guard. Jade looked away, trying not to show the shock on her face from being yelled at. With a sigh, Robby closed his eyes for a second before looking at Jade again. "Look where fighting got me."

Jade frowned, the drop in her stomach feeling heavier. Jade didn't understand why she was upset but Robby noticed it and frowned as well. "Why are you frowning?"

"I don't know... just..." 

I want you there with me so that I'm not alone. 

You're the only person I can trust. 

I'm afraid of losing you.

I like-

"Times up! Inmates line up."

With a sigh, Robby force himself out of the chair and watched Jade look away. "See you... see you soon, right?" Jade looked up with a small smile, sadness in her eyes.

"Of course, mi gaupo. I can't go very long without those bedroom eyes." 

Robby gave the girl a tight hug, snorting a little bit at the little whack on the back of his head.

"Bye Jade."

"Bye, guapo."

.....

Jade stepped through her apartment and immediately frowned taking in the body that occupied one of her bean bag chairs.

"How'd you get in?"

Tory snorted, going through some music sheets and flickering her eyes up towards the owner of the apartment. "It's not that hard." Jade nodded in acceptance, closing her door and setting out to put away the groceries.

"Then what are ya doin' here?" Jade wasn't interested in fighting for status or winning people over. She allowed Tory and Hawk to be king and queen of the Cobra Kai Dojo. She was content with not being in charged, but that didn't mean she liked taking orders.

"Wanna hang out?" Jade paused, thinking about her night. She had work and then a gig, so she couldn't make it tonight. That's a shame too because getting drunk with Tory was becoming a favorite activity.

"Can't tonight, got work."

"What about tomorrow?" Tory suggested, putting the magazine down and laying her head back on the bean bag chair to look at Jade finishing up with her groceries. "Hawk and some other boys are hitting up the arcade. I think we should have a girls night."

Jade wasn't opposed to that. Grabbing two beers from her fridge, Jade walked over to Tory and handed her a bottle. Opening her own she made a suggestion. "Why don't you come over and we can get high while watching horror movies?" Tory acceptwed, offering to bring some food for dinner.

"I'll never say no to dinner, mi amor."

......

With a hand towel, Jade wiped off the sweat pooling down her face. Blake was currently doing one of his solo songs with his acoustic guitar which gave Jade a second to rest her body and voice. The only problem with her genre was it was so easy to ruin your voice from over use. If she wasn't careful, she'd be useless for a few weeks.

"How's school going?" Jade looked over a Rum, who had changed into a new shirt to finish out the set. Jade snorted, throwing the soaked towel in the dirty bin.

With a shrug she answered, "It's whatever. It's like I was destined to never have alone time though." With a small chuckle, Rum snorted and got up from the amp he had been sitting on when he noticed their cue coming soon. "I try to sit alone and people for some reason just hate that shit."

"Maybe you're just a likable person and people wanna be near you." Jade laughed loudly, picking up her guitar from the stand near by and heading over to where she would enter the stage.

"Ah Dios. That's a good one, mi amigo." With a small snort and a small knife in her heart as she thought about some certain people, Jade couldn't help but to contradict that statement. With a whisper to herself, right as Blake's song end, Jade continued. "Everyone hates me eventually."

......

The two girls hadn't even gotten to lighting up a joint when they received word of Miyagi-Do fighting Cobra Kai. The two piled into Jade's shitty car and picked up two other cobras on the way.

"Fucking shit! I can't believe those idiots would actually do that!" Jade let Tory rant about her disgust and hatred of the Miyagi's, specifically Sam LaRusso. Nodding along, Jade tried to discretely listen to the music playing lowly in the speakers. "We're going to show that goody-two shoes who the fuck she's messing with."

"Aye, mi amor. Let's calm down a bit-"

Tory's neck swiveled to the driver in disbelief. "Calm down? Jade, she's the reason I got kicked out of school." Jade didn't want to argue to her new friend that technically it was her own fault. Tory was never made to do anything. With a roll of her eyes, Jade pulled into the parking lot and the cobras met up together outside of the building.

Jade watched as Tory gave a rather motivational speech and hyped up the others for battle. She could see the rage in everyone's eyes and the few of them felt like bees in a hive, an energy moving through them with one purpose. And when they would enter those doors....

It was like she could predict the future. The metal doors seemed to swirl into themselves while Tory and the Cobras quickly planned their strike. Jade was stuck in a loop, nodding to whatever she was told to do. Her hands were shaking a little, hidden by the night sky, and she longed for the towel that she had at concerts. 

There wasn't much Jade was afraid of.

But this, she was.

......

4/3/2022

Have this lol

3/24/2022