Chapter 2: A new world unheard. Destiny shall emerge!

A new morning had arisen as the early sun shone warmly through the windows of civilian homes within a small village, one of those civilians being Pheo himself.

His eyes slowly opened as his senses came back to him. In contrast to the cold and messy dirt of which Pheo remembered as if it was mere minutes ago, the relatively average bed Pheo now found himself tucked in felt almost heavenly. Grabbing his blanket, Pheo closed his eyes and curled up, debating whether to go back to sleep or see what's actually happening. After a solid minute of consideration, Pheo arose from his slumber, letting out a long yawn before he rubbed his eyes as he looked around.

He found himself in a somewhat large room, the walls, ceiling, and floor made of a sturdy wood. Additionally, there was a nightstand next to him with a lamp on it, in the right corner of the room there were some dressers but besides that, it was almost completely bare.

Pheo sat motionless for a moment as the rusty gears in his brain had started to turn once again as he began putting two and two together. He was transported to a medieval world, found by a mage, and passed out in front of her... Given how bare but also large this room was, it was probably an inn. After using the most brain power he's had to use in a while, Pheo smiled proudly, satisfied with his conclusive problem-solving ability. Pheo stretched and began to walk towards the door of his room.

"I hope the mage is still here... I have no idea how this world works" He muttered with a tinge of pathetic sadness at his absolute cluelessness. He slowly twisted the door handle and creaked open the door just to be surprised. He jumped back at the sight of the mage's face staring back at him, waiting.

The mage rolled her eyes and let out a sigh, though a small smile flashed across her face before she opened the door all the way and walked in towards Pheo. She placed her palms on the hips:

"How come you seem so strong yet so clueless? Oh, well. Come here, we shall talk more at the tavern. You are likely starving, follow me." she said with a hand motion indicating to follow her.

Pheo felt his stomach grumble and blushed slightly. He bashfully muttered an embarrassed "thanks" before following the mage.

The mage led Pheo out of the quiet inn, not many people were in the building beside them, and the kind-looking innkeeper who waved goodbye as they left. As they stepped outside into the village, Pheo was immediately struck by the bright beams of light from the sun.

However, for some reason, the brightness of the sun was not nearly as painful or annoying as it had been in the normal world. Rather, it was quite beautiful; oddly though, it's not as if the sun had gotten any dimmer or changed color, it was unmistakably the same sun that not so long ago cursed his eyes with obnoxious pain. Yet now, it was simply amazing.

Along with the sun, he could feel the fresh wind hit his skin, the air was nothing like New York, it felt like... Life. As Pheo was bombarded with all these new and refreshing sensations he couldn't help but smile: a genuine smile that even if he wanted, he could never hide.

The mage pet his head and smiled, "You're so odd, it's like you've never been in a village before," she said, though she was more delighted by his happiness than she was intrigued.

Pheo laughed awkwardly. "Eh, something like that" he said, immediately returning his intention to this new world around him. He watched as people in much simpler clothes than he was used to walking around; listened to the men and women shouting out advertisements in item and food stalls. He observed the horse-drawn carriages: how elegant the large and strong horses were as they carried loads of items or many people.

It was so refreshing... It had an odd nostalgia to it as he reminisced his old video games he used to play and shows he used to watch. However, this was real! He could smell the scent of the food sitting in stalls and the sweat of the hard-working men who cut trees and mine ore, all with their simple handheld tools. Pheo was never the type of person to regret technological advancements and reminiscence on the "good ol' days" but seeing the labor of hard-working people did give him some sense of pride in them.