Chapter 8: Revolting Revelations, Royal Ramifications

Tension arose as Aurora began to mentally prepare to tell the truth about a bloody war. However, she first began to glow in purple light before suddenly Pheo's entire party and Aria were teleported next to her.

The party and Aria looked around in confusion before looking expectantly at Pheo, who simply nodded and gave a thumbs up in response. Aurora cleared her throat as suddenly all light vanquished, with only a small light remaining around her. Her eyes glowed their familiar yet eternally mystical purple as she spoke:

"Centuries ago fairies lived in peace and joy. They wandered forests endlessly with no type of order or system, early civilizations simply knew them as spirits of the forest and some even worshipped them as gods. However as civilization advanced and the fairies were recognized less as mystical divine beings and more as simply separate species, they too adapted and began to form a civilization. There should not have been an issue. Although it was different than our previous living styles, still turned out great and remains so as you've seen. However, some fairies became spiteful, they truly believed the words of the old civilizations and believed themselves to be higher spirits with a divine right to the forest. That anger swelled and swelled through generations, despite the royalty's best efforts. Those who were bitter soon incorporated into the royal families, and that would include my parents..."

Although Aurora had stopped short it was enough for everyone to figure out. The princess, reading everyone's emotions, immediately turned to Eli anticipating something from him. Luckily Liz had also anticipated it and as Eli was about to raise and slam his fist Liz had already grabbed his arm as she stared intensely into his eyes, "Calm down Eli." Her eyes carried a more intense aura than his, however, and the shaking of her body told that she felt the same, if not more angered.

Finally, Pheo spoke what was on everyone's mind, "Are you implying that this war wasn't for territory, but instead the fairies' own selfish desires and feeling of birthright to the forest?"

Aurora merely looked down sadly and sighed in confirmation.

Pheo kept a straight face and closed his eyes as he took a deep breath in and out.

Liz looked thoughtfully at him, "You took that better than I expe-..." However, before her sentence could finish, Pheo stared Aurora directly in the eyes and with no hesitation and a completely straight face politely stated,

"Hey, Aurora, I think I might want to kill your parents."

The absolute blatant tone of this exclamation left everyone except Aurora frozen in shock.

Aurora, however, did not seem very phased as she responded, "Well aside from the fact they are still my parents and I wouldn't very much prefer that. And you wouldn't stand a single chance either. My father isn't too powerful but my mother, the Queen who rules the most, is one of the strongest and has some of the highest magic capabilities ever recorded."

Pheo gripped his fist and took another deep breath, before letting out a sigh. Seeing Pheo's down mood, Aurora continued to explain, "My mother is smart, she purposely confiscated the locations of other kingdoms from me so I wouldn't spill. But Pheonix, you have a type of charisma I think might just work, if anyone can convince my mother to share, it's you."

Pheo appeared somewhat flustered as he questioned, "R-really?" He was surprised to be praised so suddenly.

Aurora flew face to face and held his cheeks as she stared deeply into his eyes, "Yes, really. You said you wanted to kill my mother, but we all know fighting isn't your specialty, so kill her in your own way."
She stopped and sighed:
"Although be careful. Most fairies can vaguely read emotions. I can read minds, my mother, however, can completely read someone's mind and personality. So you'll have to be careful." Pheo smiled and nodded before he brought Aurora into a tight hug, Aria and the rest of the team joined in as well.