three •.°

06:24pm

A warm light hits my face, blinding me in the process. I look around squinting, hearing talking far in another room.

I finally grasp my surroundings, a pulsing pain hitting my head. My whole body aches, I peer down at my leg, a bloody bandage wrapping it.

I look around the room, all the boys have left. Jax is sitting on the floor next to me, sleeping. I smile down at him, my hand falling to his head.

I slowly pet him as I adjust to my surroundings, cursing under my breath as I try to move. I get up in a sitting position, my body shaking as I do.

Jax stands up as I settle in the new position, his tail wagging as I smile down at him. He lightly barks, the sound ringing in my ears. The muttering in the far off room stops, low murmurs continue as I hear walking towards the drawing room door.

It slowly opens, my head turns to meet the peering eyes of nick. I smile tiredly, him returning it with more excitement.

He slowly walks in, quietly asking me how I am. "How do you feel?" He asked, genuinely. "Feel like I've been attacked by a zombie, can't lie" I say with a huff of laughter, my hands move to rest on my thigh.

"Yeah" he laughs "you look it, too". I jokingly roll my eyes, appreciative of his humour. "Are you hungry?" He asks another question, "always" I reply, seriously. I have been hungry every day since this whole thing started.

He laughs, hand reaching to his shorts pocket. He pulls out a pack of painkillers and chucks it on the coffee table, startling me in the process.

"We are in the kitchen, when you're ready" he says kindly, getting up to leave. "If you need some help just call" he says as he walks to the door, turning to me before he leaves.

I smile and mutter a 'thank you'. My hand basically flys to the red packet, taking two out and grabbing the warm water bottle that sat next to the packet.

My throat strained as I swallowed them.  I sigh, my whole body pulsing in pain.

Leaning back against the settee, I begin the think over what I should do. I don't know these guys, I need to leave but I can barely move.

Where would I even go? Nowhere is safe, I'm not even safe here.

I can take care of myself, I've been through worse shit. I can't say the same for these lot though, they've lived here since outbreak day.

So many people are out there suffering, constantly in fear, having nowhere to go and they just live their lives like normal.

Part of me resents them in a way, I admit I am jealous. Why couldn't I have stayed home that week? I would be with my whole family, I could protect them.

I have been alone for so long.

A sigh leaves me as I struggle to get to my feet. I don't really want to see them, I want to be alone. I want to leave.

A smile pulls at my face as I open the door, all 6 eyes of varying colour meeting mine.

My line of sight falls to my feet as I avoid their stares. Jax follows me out, his paws hitting the wooden floor as he goes past.

I suck air in through my teeth as I raise myself to sit on the stool, clays hand reaches to my back followed by a concerned "You alright?".

I flinch, biting back with narrowed eyes and a furrowed brow in his direction.

His kind smile and concerned eyes don't falter at my response, his hand falls though.

I no doubt look like utter shit, in all fairness I've looked like shit since outbreak day.