6•°.

We have been back home for a few hours now, I went to my room immediately and just sat alone for a bit.

I have seen death before, so much of it, but it never gets easier. His blood is still on my clothes, my face, my hair.

I decide to go clean up, change my clothes. I grab my joggers and t-shirt then head to the bathroom. Locking the door and I heat up the water, every time I'm in here it reminds me of clay.

I've been thinking about him a lot today, after what happened. I wonder how he feels.

I bring the damp cloth up to my face after discarding my bloodied clothes. The water turns red as I continue to clean.

I gently wipe over my neck, bruises already forming from my injuries earlier. I was so scared.

I've been attacked before, I've been shot and stabbed, beaten. This is different, I'm more scared now. I was scared for clay today, seeing him alone with them before I got there.

I thought I was going to die today.

I think that most days, every day I was alone I thought I would die. Every night I thought I would die, every infected and every person could've killed me.

Tears prick at my eyes as I look at myself in the mirror, scars and bruises scattering my body. Bruises forming on my neck.

I sigh as I continue to clean myself, ignoring these thoughts.

I finish up and put my change of clothes on, my bare feet on the cold tile floors as I walk out.

My wet hair is up and out of my face, I brush a few stray strands behind my ear as I walk downstairs with my dirty clothes.

I hear the boys in the other room talking and laughing as I walk into the kitchen, placing my clothes into the hamper with the dirty laundry.

The bow I got today sat on the table next to the hamper, I graze my hand over it as I think about that girl.

The door to the room the boys are in creaks open as nick walks out. He looks up to me with a smile, eyes darting from my face to my neck just for a moment.

"You okay?" Nick asks softly, smiling still. The noise in the other room falters. "Yeah, I'm alright" I reply with a smile.

He smiles and tells me he's checking the fences and around the house before it gets too dark, seeing if it's secure. I tell him to be safe as he walks out the door.

As soon as he leaves another one of them comes out. Clay walks out and greets me with a smile, pushing the door shut gently.

I smile at him, looking up at him as he walks over. He got cleaned up too, new clothes and a clean face, no blood.

"I'm making George do the laundry tomorrow" he says after looking at the large pile of dirty clothes, I laugh as I skims over the clothes.

"You managed to get cleaned up?" He asks as he looks over me "Yeah, finally" I say laughing, thinking of me just sitting in my room staring at the wall, which actually isn't that funny as much as it is just kinda sad.

"You forgot your socks" he says as he looks down, I try to move my feet out of view, laughing. "I just don't like them" he raises an eyebrow at my response, chuckling. "They make me feel trapped" I continue, laughing at him.

His laugh fades into him just smiling at me, His eyes darting to my neck. His brow furrows for a second, eyes moving to the table next to us. His hand traces over the bow that lays there, fingers moving along the grooves of its wood.

My face feels warm for a moment, watching his hand move.

"You even know how to use this?" He asks, eyeing me, I think he saw me watching.