Volterra

Adora's POV
I was abruptly woken up when an ice cold hand yanked me from the car by my ankle making Aegeus growl threateningly.

I was then dragged my my arm onto a plane. I lost track of Aegeus making me start to have another panicked attack. I was alone with a wounded ankle with Bella and Alice both were unpredictable females that hated my guts for no reason.

Everything blurred for awhile before I found Aegeus again as he leaped into a car after me. We were forced to sit on a center console as there was no backseat and with Alice's crazy driving....it went something like this.

"Get your dog's fat ass out of my face!" -Bella

"Stop moving! We aren't even going that fast!" *proceeds to turn so fast that I literally fly out of my 'seat' and hit the roof of the car* -Alice

"Why did we have to bring her?! She's just slowing us down!" -Bella

Yeah, it was unpleasant.

We finally stop and I face plant on the dashboard with a sickening crunch. Pain erupts from my nose and warm liquid pours from my face. Whether it's tears or blood I don't know. "You two are definitely related. Her blood smells mouthwatering like yours, except hers is more like citrus and geraniums to your  strawberries and roses" Alice commented freaking me out. Bella disappeared shortly after and I quickly climbed into her seat.

Aegeus found the buckle and handed to me and I quickly buckled while he sat between my legs on the floorboard. I reached forward and started anxiously petting his fur "Are you alright, Adora? You're bleeding" Aegeus asked me telepathically "Aegeus, I'm scared and I don't know what's happening" my response made him whine out loud and nuzzle my stomach.

We finally stopped again and Alice yanked me from the cat and dragged me through crowded streets. Aegeus followed as best he could but managed to keep track of me as I could sense his thoughts close by. Wherever we were it was warm, loud, and crowded with people speaking another language.

Alice dragged me into a chilled building and Aegeus managed to break through the crowd and was now hot on our heels "Don't worry Adora! I'm right behind you!" He called out telepathically. We finally stopped and Alice released me after busting through a door. I collapsed on the floor in exhaustion and Aegeus fell by my side. I curled up into him and made gasping hiccups as my asthma acted up and started effecting my epilepsy. My body shook and spasmed violently as Aegeus whined.

"Mate!" I heard two voices call out and two sets of hands hovered over my body. I heard a feminine voice angrily ask "What did you do to our mate?!" Suddenly I heard Bella, Alice, and a masculine voice screaming in agony while another male voice cooed at me "Shh, il mio Tesoro, just relax and breathe" suddenly a black mist entered my mind and played with my power mist. It offered peaceful sleep which I gratefully accepted at it effectively stopped my epilepsy and asthma attack in it's tracks.

My body slumped and I could feel myself passing out, but just before I could reach my dream land I heard an older masculine voice say "Alec, you and Jane take the girl and her dog to my quarters and let her rest there. Didyme will care for her then you two return to the trial as it involves your mate now."

Then I blacked out with only one question on my mind.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What's a mate?