Awaken

Adora's POV
I winced as my body aches and my head throbbed. I reluctantly woke up, keeping my eyes closed, and realized that I was hooked up to an oxygen tank with a oxygen mask over my face. I ran a hand over my arm to find an IV that was no doubt filled with fluids and nutrients, and I heard the tell-tail sound of beeping from a heart monitor.

I was clearly inside some type of hospital room, but how did I get here? Last I checked I was on a cold marble floor with Aegeus suffocating from my asthma attack and about to have a seizure.

Did Bella and Alice take me to a hospital? Doubtful. Those two are entitled self righteous assholes. They probably left me alone on the floor for some stranger to find.

Something suddenly jumped onto the plush bed that I laid on and I sensed Aegeus fussing over me 'Adora! Are you alright?!' "I'm fine..... I feel like I was hit by a truck though.....where are we?" 'That psycho pixie bitch dragged us to some warm and sunny place and-' "She's awake!" A masculine voice called out cutting Aegeus off, and I heard three sets of footsteps rush towards me. I shivered as two sets of ice cold hands rested on my feverishly one on each shoulder, one on my forehead, and another ran their fingers through my hair. A feminine voice suddenly ordered "Chelsea, please inform Marcus and Aro of the girls state" another feminine voice said "Yes, my queen" then I heard the door and shut.

"Are you alright, darling? Are you in any pain?" The feminine voice asked, she sounded so beautiful and kind....almost motherly like how I've always pictured Renee's voice. Instinctively I reached out and felt around for her face. Once I found it I cupped her cheek and used my abilities to project my feelings towards her. She gasped as she felt my confusion, my fear, and my pain.

She grasped my hand and the male from earlier asked "My queen? What's wrong?" The woman spoke and said "She's in pain....mostly in her chest and head....get some aspirin, please Santiago" the woman ordered. The man, Santiago, replied with a quick question less "Yes, my queen" before he left as well. Aegeus moved to my right side allowing the woman to lay on my left, she continued to run her fingers through my hair and explained what happened.

"Don't worry, dear you're safe now, I'm Didyme. You're in Volterra" she began, confusing me and making me question 'Where is Volterra?' "You were brought to Italy by Alice Cullen and Bella Swan. They planned to trade your life for Bella's lover, Edward Cullen, they're in the dungeons now being tortured for assaulting the princess. My brother and husband will be here soon to take your testimony.....can you speak at all? What's your name?" I raised my hand and proceeded to sign it out, but that only seemed to confuse her.

"Don't worry about it, my brother Aro, has a gift as well and he'll be able to understand you" Didyme reassured me. Before I could respond I was cut off when the door opened "Mio fleur...little one, is everything alright?" A soothing masculine voice asked and Didyme replied "Yes, Marcus, everything seems to be fine....for now."

I guess it's showtime.