Chapter 3

I woke up to the sound of rain, I have never been a big fan of cold wet weather but the gentle tapping on my windowsill seemed reassuring compared to the past few days. Rolling to my left side I pressed on my phone and read the time as my eyes squinted from the blindness of the phone light, moaning inwardly as it read 6:30 am, I knew I would have to get up soon.

I sprung up from bed and stretched feeling slightly dizzy from sudden movement; yeah I am definitely not a morning person. Dragging my feet over to the mirror, I observed my face my skin was luckily clear but my lack of sleep last night caused me to have dark circles under my eyes.

After choosing my out fit of a waist high maroon skirt with some brown boots and a flowing white shirt I ran down stairs to get some food, as I was in mid bite of my toast my mothers voice ran into the kitchen.

'Oh honey you look gorgeous.' She said but you could tell she wasn't finished 'But your new school has a uniform sweetie.' I looked at her in mock horror.

'I have never had a uniform before, why would I need one it's not like clothes are going to effect my education.' I stated simply turning my concentration back to my toast.

'Sorry, I know it's a lot to take in but everyone has to wear it so you'll fit in just fine, I laid it on your bed for you.' She said with a smile, I was about to reply when I heard heavy foot steps down the stairs.

'I hate this.' Alice came charging into the room her hair floating in gentle curls and her eyes shining with annoyance. I looked down at her hands indicating her clothing; it was actually alright with a black skirt to the knee and a white button up blouse, I laughed at her as I made my way up the stairs, I guess at this rate I would be late to my first day of school.

***

'You nervous?' Alice asked, I gulped and looked down at my black skirt smoothing it out so it was just over my knees and my mind shifting off to certain pair of blue eyes that had kept me up all night.

'Does it matter?' I huffed and trudged through the gate of the school.

The school building was intimidatingly tall standing over us and blocking the sun, other than that it seemed normal, and normal was good for me. Luckily no one was around as we were late so the sound of our squeaking heels echoed across the hallway as we made our way towards the seeming's of the school reception.

The office was small and secluded and a plump woman with pointed glasses sat on the desk typing away, she glanced up at us and held one of her long nails into our faces as she finished off with her work.

'Hello, welcome to Queens College, I take it you're new? There is not a face that I don't know round here, your schedules are on the side along with a map of the class rooms, if you need anything just come back and ask, thank you.' She dismissed us wasting no time to indulge back to her work.

'Well she doesn't beat around the bush.' Alice snorted and grabbed the schedule off of the desk as instructed.

'I guess I'll see you after school?' I asked and gulped as I realized I would have to find the classroom alone.

'Laters, good luck Sammy!' My confident sister winked at me and sauntered off down the hall as if she knew exactly where she was going, I bit my lip and looked at my map. I hadn't even told her about Lucien yet, I don't even know if I want to except him. Usually I would tell her anything but I knew mates were a difficult subject for her as she was so keen on getting one.

I managed to find my classroom and ended up being twenty minutes late for class.

'Hi, sorry I'm late.' I apologized as I walked in the room, a man with extreme lack of hair on his head smiled politely at me.