Chapter 8

• Dedicated to To my incredible readers

I didn’t know how long I had been tied up for but in that time period I had managed to count that the ceiling of the motel room I was in had sixteen cracks on it, the floor had one hundred large tiles as the room was an even square shape of ten by ten and there was one small window which would creek every time a gust of wind blew past.

My head suddenly jerked forward at the noise of someone unlocking the door, Lucien’s brother came sauntering in as if he didn’t have a care in the world that I was sitting there tied up.

‘What happened to you?’ I asked curiously from what I heard by Lucien he used to be loyal and caring, his head snapped towards me his eyes seemed wary that I knew a bit about him but they soon relaxed.

‘Are you really in the position to be asking questions?’ He smirked.

‘I don’t think I am in a position to do anything, let alone stand up.’ I said gesturing towards my tied up body. His eyes lit up and he grabbed a chair and pulled it towards me.

‘I like you.’ He grinned.

‘You do? Because last time I check you don’t treat people like this when you like them.’ I retorted.

‘Looks like Lucien’s bagged him self a feisty one.’ He joked leaning in so his face was inches away from mine ‘I like that in a woman.’ I leaned my face as close as I could get resisting all urges to spit in it.

‘If you like feisty girls you should meet my friend, what was her name again? Oh yes I think it was Ruth.’ I spoke slowly as if taunting him, his eyes flashed in concern at the sound of her name but the concern quickly faded away as he turned his back to me and walked towards the window, ignoring me completely.

‘I can understand you not wanting to come back after having a fight with Lucien.’ I spoke cautiously ‘How ever I do not understand the fact that you would leave your mate.’

His head whipped back to me and a loud growl erupted from his throat, he walked over grabbing my hair so I was staring back into his charcoal eyes.

‘Don’t act like you have a right to judge me.’ He said with venom tracing his words ‘keep up that attitude and Lucien won’t even make the choice to leave you, I’ll kill you first.’ He released my hair and kicked my chair before walking back to the window.

‘It’s show time.’ He said under his breath ‘Luke!’ As soon as his name was called, Luke the man who had attacked me first barged through the door.

‘Is everything okay?’ He asked scanning the room.

‘Why don’t you lead Lucien up here?’ Lucien’s brother ordered, suddenly panic rushed over me; surely he wouldn’t hurt his own brother would he?

‘Please don’t hurt him.’ I pleaded but he didn’t react to me, I scanned my mind trying to remember his name, I know Lucien had told me it but I was so tired that I didn’t focus on it.

‘Andrew, listen to me!’ I shouted, finally remembering. Lucien’s brother or now Andrew turned to face me with grave eyes but his eyes tore away from me as soon as the door was slammed open. Lucien’s tall figure charged through the doorway and his perfect blue eyes scanned the room until his eyes found mine, electricity bolted through my body and I ached to be near to him again. He began to walk towards me when Andrew slid in front of me.

‘Not so fast brother.’ Andrew mocked.

‘What makes you think I will listen to you?’ Lucien growled. 

‘Well if you don’t, your little mate will have to pay the price.’ Suddenly Andrew had his hands wrapped around my neck, my heart rate doubled as I took in the pain in Lucien’s eyes.