Chapter 7

I woke up to the soft closing of a door the noise was obviously meant to be quiet but since I wasn’t much of a heavy sleeper I shot right up in the bed rubbing my eyes to clear my foggy mind and take in my surroundings.

‘Oh’ I muttered to my self and fell back on the bed letting my head become absorbed by one of Lucien’s feather filled pillows. I can’t believe I actually slept over last night, I moved my hand across the side of the bed over the spot where Lucien had lied and already felt numb from his absence, where did he rush off to?

I shook my head and jumped out of bed looking down at the clothes Lucien had lent to me, I guess I should head back home and talk to Alice but first I had to talk to Lucien and demand the answers I deserve first.

I picked up my messy clothes from yesterday folding them and holding them into my chest, somehow I didn’t quite feel like doing the walk of shame around the pack house looking probably guiltier than ever wearing Lucien’s clothes.

By the time I found my self down stairs there were about three people in the kitchen, one of them being Derek.

‘Derek.’ I whispered trying to avoid attention from anyone else, however I didn’t gain attention from anyone as Derek was whistling to him self as he flipped a pancake on his pan.

‘Jesus Christ.’ I muttered under my breath ‘Derek!’ Derek’s head along with the other two in the room turned to me and he shot me a knowing smile.

‘Oh hi there.’ He smirked ‘I’m about to make some sausages if you want.. oh wait I’m sure you had enough last night.’

‘Derek there are people present.’ I muttered under my breath slapping him on the back of the head looking around the room to see everyone staring at me with knowing eyes.

‘You think I.. Oh, no! I haven’t done that yet.’ I mumbled ‘Not that I did anything or will do anything. Okay I’m going to be quiet.’

‘I was kidding, you’re not marked or anything you just have that nasty love bite.’ Derek commented, I threw my hand up to my neck my eyes widening.

‘Sorry what?’ I gulped grabbing a spoon to see my reflection and spotting the oval shaped mark on my neck ‘You’ve got to be kidding me.’

‘Pancake?’ Derek asked trying to make me feel better.

‘I’m fine thanks, where is Lucien?’ I asked.

‘Oh I thought you knew, he rushed out of here like half an hour ago.’ I took in Derek’s words and bit down on my tongue, of course Lucien wasn’t going to tell me anything, instead he made an idiot out of me by making me think it was okay to sleep with him due to the circumstances.

‘I’ll take six of those pancakes to go.’ I growled.

‘Where are you going?’ Derek asked.

‘Just a road trip.’

***

‘Where are we going again?’ Alice asked, she was sitting next to me adjusting her sunglasses over her eyes.

‘We’re going back to our old house.’ I stated pulling the car out.

‘Are you sure that’s where mum and dad would go?’ She asked, I huffed out a sigh of air.

‘Look I don’t know, I really don’t know what to believe right now but let’s just try this. Did you call the school?’ I asked.

‘Yeah ‘bad food poisoning’ so we won’t be back for a couple of days.’ She began ‘Sammy do you know what this means?’