Chapter 9

I had been in the same position for three hours, three hours of lying on my bed and going over Lucien's words. After Lucien confessed his secret to me I just said I felt faint from the past few events and that I just needed to rest and process everything but resting was something that my brain would not let me do. I don't think I could manage being a Luna to this pack let alone having to be a future queen to every pack in the world.

"Samantha are you awake?" I raised my head to find my very pale mother standing in the doorway.

"I don't want to be." I mumbled, my mother shifted on her feet before hesitantly sitting on my bed.

"What are you going to do?" she asked me as if it were the easiest thing in the world.

"I don't know!" I exclaimed pressing the tips of my fingers to my temples "I don't think I'm ready for this"

"Samantha you don't have an option." she spoke softly.

"What do you mean?" I asked, sitting up to face her.

"As soon as your father and I found out we went straight to the kingdom to find out if you could have more time for processing, an option, just a say in all of this. But Samantha being given the title of queen is a huge honour" she began.

"What are you trying to say" I questioned with irritation, why couldn't she just get straight to the point.

"After seeing the castle and also the condition of neighbouring packs I couldn't imagine where we would be without the help of the royals and how much we need them because we are not made or chosen to be the ones with that much power and the ability to lead. But you were Samantha, the moon goddess paired you with Lucien for a reason and you are the only person who can help lead and I am so proud of you for that." I listened to my mothers words carefully, I understand that Lucien is the only one for me and as his mate I should stand by him but I hadn't considered that with being someone's perfect mate means that I was also perfectly fitted for other positions.

"Thanks mum, honestly." I spoke softly to her earning a warm smile on her behalf as she soon left me alone in my room again, my mind still cluttered with different thoughts, however sleep greeted me and allowed me to rest unlike before, signalling I must have some kind of peace of mind.

*****

The next day I wasn't woken up to the usual smell of my mothers pancakes, not even the sunlight inconveniently leaking through the cracks of the curtains into my eyes. Instead I woke to the sound of loud footsteps pounding up the stairs and my door being pushed roughly open.

I lifted my bed head and squinted my eyes at the door to make out Lucien standing there with a serious expression on his face which then turned to amusement. It took me a while to realise what he was amused by when my hand flew to my hair and realisation dawned on me that I am not exactly sleeping beauty when I wake up in the morning.

"Don't look at me!" I yelped pulling the covers over my head only to suddenly have them ripped off me.

"Don't hide from me" he replied with a cocky smile as his eyes roamed my face and then my body.

"Excuse me" I clicked my fingers to get his attention "you can't just pull the covers off me!"

"And why not?" His eyes met my face again.

"Well for one it's not very nice and what if I was sleeping naked! It's not very polite" I exclaimed, however this was a bad idea as his eyes darkened and in a split second he was hovering over me on the bed.

"Trust me." He murmured kissing along my jaw "when you're with me, sleeping naked wont be an issue."

I shuddered under his touch - as usual and just as we were about to kiss I remembered I may have a case of bad morning breath so I shifted under him and flipped positions so I was hovering above him causing a playful growl to ripple from his chest.

"You shouldn't wake me up like that." I stated.

"I do what I want." He smirked causing me to frown and press my body closer to his making him shut up.

"Oh do you?" I asked as his hands wrapped around my hips to try and pull me closer as if his answer was yes. Suddenly I shot towards the bathroom door before he could stop me.

"Well so do I" I teased as I removed my sweatshirt revealing my singlet and then throwing it in his face "shower time." And with that I sauntered into the bathroom, quickly locking the door behind me.

By the time I had gotten out the shower and dressed Lucien was no longer in the bedroom, I blew out a sigh of relief as it meant I still had time to think about the situation of him being royalty.

'Thinking about something?' I shivered as I turned to see Lucien watching me curiously in the corridor.

'I think you know what I'm thinking about.' I stated and walked towards him 'I just still don't know-'

'Walk with me somewhere?' Lucien spoke reaching out his hand, I reluctantly nodded my head and walked past him ignoring his outstretched hand, if we were to talk about this I needed space from him to think rationally.

We had walked in silence for what seemed like eternity but must have only been a short five minutes as we stopped at the outskirts of the woods.

'I sprung the news on you I know.' He stated 'but we can't ignore it Samantha. It is my place to go back and someday take over the throne and it is your place as my mate to come with me and I will not let you leave me. I can't.' I looked up at his blue eyes and then closed mine, keeping that very still image in my mind. He probably would force me to go with him even if he had to drag me kicking and screaming.

'Why are you even asking me then Lucien? We both know you'd make me go so why are you acting as if my opinion is important?' I asked bitterly staring at the trees around me, he probably took me here so no one could hear us argue.

'Stop.' Lucien growled, his eyes turning dark 'Don't talk to me like that.'

He grabbed my chin forcing me to look into his dark pupils, even with the anger behind his actions it still sent sparks through my body.

'You're opinion will always be important to me, I'd rather have you accept my offer and come with me than risk losing you by frightening you.' He spoke in a calmer voice. We were disrupted by someone clearing their throat, he was dressed in what looked like very a expensive suit and his hair was slicked back in a comb over.

'Lucien' the man smiled 'so lovely to see you again.'

'Barron' Lucien nodded then looked over to me 'he works for my father in the kingdom.'

'Right.' I mumbled 'Hi.'

I didn't even know what to say, I wasn't equipped for these kind of situations and I had no idea how to talk to royalty, even if Lucien was extremely included in that category.

'Is this her?' Barron asked examining me with beady eyes.

'Yes, this is my mate Samantha.' Lucien wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer as if expecting me to run away from the situation.

'Nice to finally meet you.' Barron nodded 'I hate to rush you but we do have to leave soon.'

Lucien stiffened and looked at me with regretful eyes, I wave of guilt surged through me. Although I don't know much about mates and I wasn't exactly hoping for one so soon he is a part of my life that I couldn't be without now and I felt bad for not supporting him.

'We'll start packing now' someone spoke and then there was silence and all I could feel was Lucien's warm appreciative gaze on my face and I realised that the person who spoke was me. I just hope I wouldn't regret this.

A/N: Thank you so much for sticking with this book guys, I was starting to lose my writing muse but with all the support you were giving me I knew I had to upload! Sorry this chapters a bit boring but next chapter should be more exciting! Vote and comment (: