Part 9

Ella

She didn’t know what her mother was planning but she wanted Ella to make sure Taj was busy and not near his phone. Ella knew whatever was going to happen she couldn’t stop. But she sure as hell was going to try and fix it.

Ella had never dated. She knew that her parents weren’t the type of relationship she wanted. She knew that they guy she called her own would be special, deserving, and magical. That guy was Taj. He made her feel like a princess.

This was her last night in LA and he took her to visit the Hollywood sign. It wasn’t like the movies because they couldn’t get close to it but it was a magical view. They also visited the Griffith Observatory which was the highlight of her trip.

Ella always loved stargazing with Mia. It was something she remembered doing with her dad and siblings when she was younger that they all loved, mostly Mia loved it. Stargazing was the one thing from their childhood they all did together at times that made them feel connected and like a family. She figured it was a part of the reason Mia held it so close to her heart.

“You look sad,” Taj noted. “Is this date that bad?”

Ella blushed. She hadn’t intended to give him such an impression. “No, this was honestly a magical night. I just… I got lost in my thoughts, but I’m here now.”

“Were they thoughts about your fight with Mia?” he asked.

“Not about the fight, and not solely about Mia. We just had a good childhood outside of our parents’ drama. Her mom always fought for us to have good memories with each other and to love each other the way siblings are supposed to regardless of how she felt about my mom or how my mom felt about her. She never treated me like anything but her other daughter. And I wish I could say my mom was as great of a woman as Grace. This just reminded me of those memories and moments. There were less when Dominique came for reasons, but we still had them.

“I want that again. I want to make memories with them and pretend like there’s nothing more than us and nothing greater than those moments.”

“Why not plan something for you guys to do. Just the 4 of you.”

“5, Grant’s not my dad’s but he’s my big brother. And I’m not the organizer it’s usually Mia. She’s the only one RJ listens to.”

Ella sighed thinking about her brother and his utter contempt for their dad. “He and my dad don’t really get along. And, I don’t see him coming back from DC just to hangout with me,” Ella laughed.

Taj smirked at her. “Have you ever asked?”

“Not really.”

“So how do you know. You’re not even giving him the chance to change his mind.”

Ella wrapped her arms around Taj and kissed him. “You’re right. I should try and see if I can put something together. Maybe as a surprise for Dominique and Mia.”

“Ben said he had a very interesting talk with Dominique.”

“Oh God no. She knows about Mia and Ben.”

“Not the details but yeah.”

“She is gonna kill me.”

“Why do you say that?”

“She and I share everything we’re twins. Not actually but we have the same birthday we’re just 3 years apart. I haven’t shared this with her. Mostly, cause it’s Mia’s thing, but also because I feel like if I say something this won’t be real with us. I dunno. I sound crazy.”