Part 5

Mia

I opened the door for my dad and stepmother Gwen. She looked just like Ella, she was blonde, lean, and elegant. She took me in her arms and kissed my cheek. "You look so pretty with your hair straight," she gushed as she removed her wrap and hat.

"Thank you, Gwen," I said as I hung her things. "Hi daddy," I said giving him a kiss.

"Hello, sweetie where's your sister?" he asked as we entered the sitting room.

"Stella's upstairs with the kids," John said as he came in to join us. "Gwen, you look lovely," he noted as he kissed her hand. "Rafe, it's nice to see you're not too busy for us."

"Yes, how is the hospital?" my dad asked as he entered the living room.

"Great, your donation has helped the children's ward a lot," John smiled. "We are bringing in new technology and trainers. The doctors and nurses are very thankful."

"Anything to help the kids get the quality treatment they deserve."

"Daddy," Rafaela called as she came down carrying the boys. "I didn't know you were coming."

"Your mother said you were asking for me," he smiled as he took Aiden. "Are you being a good boy for mommy?"

"He is not," I said taking Logan for Rafaela.

"Daddy, we actually finished decorating my room and I wanted you to look at the desk I got from Tio Edwardo," she said nodding to the steps.

"What's wrong with it?" he questioned.

I knew Ella was trying to get him away from her mother so she could ask about going to L.A. and I was going along for support. My dad was in a good mood, so she might be able to get him to say yes. "Mia this room is beautiful," my dad said as he entered Ella's room.

"Thanks daddy," I said sitting Logan down on the bed.

"I'm not sure if we put it together right."

"You put this together?" my dad questioned Ella.

"I helped her," she smiled.

"Mimi?"

"She read the directions," I laughed.

"See."

My dad examined the desk and found nothing wrong with it. "Mia did a good job on it. I think it's perfect sweetie," he said kissing my forehead.

"Thanks daddy," I said hugging him.

"That's great, and it reminds me. One of Mia's good friends invited me to her loft in L.A. for the week. She's going to this big music festival and wanted me to go. Do you think that would be okay with you and mom?"

"Rafaela, you know how I feel about you being in Hollywood. It's fine for a day on a class trip, but a whole week with strangers."

"Katie isn't a stranger. She and Mia are practically sisters."

"Mia," my dad said looking to me.

"Katie's really responsible and it would put Ella in a position to meet potential clients. She'd be surrounded by high profiled designers, and walking advertisements."

"See this could be very profitable and I might have a goodtime and decide to go to school," Ella said pleading with her big blue eyes.

"I'll talk to your mom, but I want to meet this Katie girl first," my dad said.

Ella jumped up and down and rushed my dad. "Thank you so much daddy. You are the best," she said.

"Ella can you take Logan down I want to talk to Mia for a second," my dad said.