Chapter One

You're sitting near Lake Valor with Adaman, your boyfriend of two years, leaning blissfully against him as he relaxes back against a tree as you both gaze across Lake Valor, the first golden rays of the morning sun shimmering across its tranquil surface. You sigh contentedly as he wraps an arm around you and leans down to kiss the top of your head,

"This is so perfect, I love you," he says softly, and your heart warms at his loving words. Every day with him feels like a new adventure, and being around him always gives you the same Beautifly in your stomach as when you first met. He's perfect, and you're so ridiculously in love with him that you almost can't cope. Since you fell out of the space-time rift what now feels like an eternity ago, he's helped you through all the mental trauma of not being able to remember your past life and, over time, has helped you to stop feeling like an outsider and to feel like you truly belong in Hisui, your home, and you can't imagine ever being anywhere else. Since the crazy whirlwind events of your first year here after falling, things have been pretty quiet; Adaman confessed his feelings for you once all was said and done, and you started dating in secret. Once the neutrality vow was lifted, you went public with your relationship, to the surprise of literally nobody apparently, and since then things have been, well, an absolute dream. Now both in your mid 20s, life is getting richer and more fulfilling with every passing day; your survey work always brings up new discoveries that you excitedly share with Adaman, and he has only grown more into his role as leader of the Diamond Clan as time has passed. Alongside your obvious close bond with Adaman, you have made some truly incredible friendships with people all across Hisui, and people now accept you as one of their own, as you falling from the space-time rift gradually fades to a soon-to-be distant memory. You're so grateful for your life, and although you can no longer remember your past life, it doesn't really matter anymore given the countless new and happy memories you've made here.

"I love you too," you sigh contentedly, leaning up to kiss his cheek, but noticing this he turns his head to meet your lips with his own instead, in a brief yet tender and loving kiss that makes your heart swell with happiness.

You sit together in a comfortable silence, watching the sun rise over the lake and enjoying the peacefulness of the early morning. You often come out here to do this - a small moment shared between just the two of you before you have to take care of your respective duties as the day goes on. It's one of your favourite things to do, and usually sets you up for a good day. This particular day, however, is about to get completely turned on its head. Just as you turn your head to kiss Adaman once more, you're interrupted by a low humming noise followed by a loud whoosh just next to you. You both jump up to your feet, Adaman resting his hand on your shoulder protectively, and you gasp, heart pounding, as you see a strange ring opening up beside you. You go to reach for a pokéball, and Adaman, who has also adopted using pokéballs at this point as they grow in popularity across Hisui, follows suit, but before you can, terror fills you as you feel yourself being pulled towards whatever this ring is. Glancing inside as you desperately try to escape its pull, you almost black out in horror as you recognise a similar vast emptiness to the one you went through before arriving in Hisui.

"NO!" you scream, voice breaking and tears streaming from your eyes as you now frantically try to get away, "I CAN'T GO BACK! PLEASE! I'M HAPPY HERE!"

"Y/N!" Adaman exclaims, his voice hoarse with panic as he grabs your hand and starts trying to pull you away too, "No, Arceus, please! Don't take her from me! Not now!"

It's at that point that a small, strange looking Pokémon appears from the ring with a mischievous look on its face. You don't remember ever seeing it before - that is, until your eyes meet and a memory from somewhere in your past life of exactly what this is comes flooding back to you,

"Hoopa?!" you gasp over the rushing winds of suction pulling you towards the ring as you turn to face Adaman, "This isn't Arceus's doing. Hoopa likes to cause mischief, and can transport people through time and space too!"

"Whoever, or whatever, is causing this, I just don't wanna lose you!" Adaman quickly cries out, tightening his grip on your wrists. Just then, the pull becomes too much and you scream once more as both you and Adaman, who refuses to let go despite the potential danger to himself, get sucked into the ring and the vast nothingness beyond. 

********

Author's Note: Hey, welcome to my first longer story and thank you so much for reading it! This is just a short introductory chapter setting the scene of what's to come. Where will you and Adaman end up? Who and what will you find there? Will you ever get back home to Hisui? 

Are two out of those three rhetorical questions above kind of pointless if you've read the tags or the entire description for this story? Absolutely, but I can try to build some sense of suspense, right? Anyway, please let me know what you think to this first chapter and if this story is something you'd like me to continue. It's just something a little bit different so I thought I'd give it a shot! I plan to make the next chapters longer, but really wanted to use this one to set the scene. I'll try to update this around once a week, maybe more often if I'm really feeling inspired but it really depends on work and life in general. Either way, I'll try my best to keep updating this as regularly as I can!