Chapter Two

You black out in fear as you enter the ring, only to be jolted awake by the air being knocked out of you as your back hits an uncomfortably hard floor. A split second later, you hear a grunt as Adaman lands next to you, presumably having lost his grip on your wrists somewhere in the vast nothingness that you passed through, and proceeds to immediately grab your hand. A mix of relief and guilt floods through you; relief because you haven't lost him, but guilt because he's also ended up in a different place potentially in a different time. As your vision is still adjusting to the bright sunlight, your thoughts are interrupted by a voice just behind you,

"Hoopa! What is the meaning of this?!" comes the annoyed exclamation from the man behind you, "Haven't I told you not to transport random people here without their consent? Who are you two anyway?"

"Ugh...," you grunt, blinking a few more times before turning to look at the source of the question. Standing above you is a man with a rather extravagant looking white and lilac suit, and large red sunglasses that completely conceal his eyes from all angles. His lilac hair is spiked up in an impeccably neat style which, much to your dismay, seems nothing like the styles common in Hisui.

"I-I'm Y/N, and this is my boyfriend, Adaman," you say tentatively as you both stand up, "Where are we...?"

"I'm Lear, Prince Lear to give you my full title, and I'm the creator of Pasio, which is where we happen to be. I can only apologise on behalf of my partner Hoopa - it likes to, ugh, cause mischief."

"Pasio... Have you heard of it?" Adaman asks you, and you shake your head,

"Nope, the name doesn't ring a bell or bring any sense of me knowing of it before I came to Hisui," you admit apologetically, before turning back to Lear, "Okay, this is gonna sound weird, but what year is it?" you ask tentatively, not really wanting to know the answer but knowing you need to find out. Hopefully, you're just in a different place in the same time period, which will mean you can just travel back to Hisui, but as you glance down at the expanse of buildings below the mountainside you're standing on, your heart sinks as they, just like Lear's hairstyle, look far more advanced than Hisuian architecture. 'A city,' your brain registers from somewhere.

"2022," Lear answers, frowning slightly, "Why do you ask?"

At his answer, you let out a wail of dismay as some memories come flooding back to you. Suddenly, you remember the last time you went to bed in the modern world; it was 2020, which means you are back in the modern day two years on from that, away from almost everything and everyone you care about in Hisui, apart from Adaman, who quickly rushes to catch you as your knees buckle underneath you. Completely disregarding Lear's presence for a moment, he cradles you in his arms and places gentle, soothing kisses to your forehead, wiping your tears away with his thumb,

"Hey... hey, at least we have each other," he murmurs to you, but his eyes give away that he's just as panicked as you are. He hesitates slightly, pausing to think for a moment, before he turns his head to Lear, "Wait, didn't you say this... Hoopa was it, is your partner? Can't you get it to send us back?" he asks, a pleading note in his voice.

"Send you back?" Lear says questioningly.

"Yes," Adaman insists, "I don't quite know how to explain this, and given that Hoopa is your partner I'm guessing you'll know more than me, but we've been brought here from a time that I think is many moons before this one. Please, send us back. All our loved ones are there."

"Well, as much as I like to have as many people as possible on Pasio, I suppose I can," Lear nods, before turning to Hoopa and saying authoritatively, "Hoopa! I command you to- What was that?!"

His words are interrupted by a sound from your Arc Phone in your satchel. You jump slightly, before apologising to Lear and manoeuvring yourself while still in Adaman's arms to be able to check it. You gasp at the message on screen,