Chapter Five

*This chapter once again contains some references to the post game of Legends: Arceus*

You turn around to meet a pair of hazel eyes shining with determination in the sunlight. Before you can ask any more questions, the boy, who looks to be in his late teens, continues,

"The name's Blue. When I see a strong trainer I just have to battle them. So what do you say, do either of you fancy battling me?"

Blue... That name seems familiar to you... You ponder on this for a moment before it hits you.

"Wait, you're the Blue? From Kanto?" you ask with a gasp.

"The one and only," he smirks, but despite his cocky exterior his gaze is friendly, "And you're Y/N, and Adaman, right?"

"That's us," you smile, before turning to your bewildered boyfriend, who looks like his head's spinning from having to add yet another name to the ever-growing list of new people he's met on Pasio, "Sweetheart, this is Blue - he's one of the greatest Pokémon trainers of our generation."

"I appreciate the kind words," Blue grins, "Although I've heard you guys are tough too, so I'd love to show my skills in battle!"

"Well it's nice to meet you, Blue," Adaman says, before placing a hand on your shoulder, "Although I must warn you, Y/N here is amazing, so don't expect to win easily."

You feel a blush rise to your cheeks at his ever-supportive words, and you glance up at him with a small, grateful smile before turning back to Blue,

"I'd be happy to take you on," you say, "I'm interested to find out just how strong you are!"

"Alright, let's do this!" Blue says, before asking, "I know that we usually do battles a bit differently on Pasio, but how about a good old 6 v 6 to really test our skills?"

"You're on," you grin, before pulling out a Poké Ball and sending out your first Pokémon, Blue following suit as Adaman kisses you on the cheek and wishes you good luck before stepping back to watch.

There's no doubt that Blue is an incredibly strong trainer, and you can understand why he is viewed as a living legend in the Pokémon world. There are a few moments when Blue thinks he's backed you into a corner, but you've learned way too much from your time in Hisui to let that happen. As you're down to your final two Pokémon - your alpha Garchomp and Blue's Blastoise, you can tell from the smirk as he mega evolves his Blastoise that Blue thinks he's won, but there's no way you're going to let that happen. You command Garchomp to slow Blastoise with a Bulldoze before landing the final blow with an incredibly powerful strong-style Dragon Claw. You audibly exhale as you see Blastoise faint, relieved and proud to win such a tough battle, and to see that you don't seem to have lost any of your battle prowess during the more relaxed time you've had in Hisui recently.

"How could this happen?!" Blue gasps as he recalls Blastoise, before shaking his head to recompose himself as he walks up to you with a smile, "Man, I see they weren't kidding when they said you're crazy strong! You're the real deal!"

"That really means a lot, Blue, and thank you for the great battle - I had a lot of fun!" you grin, before Beautifly appear in your stomach as you feel a familiar arm wrap around you and Adaman places a gentle kiss to the top of your head,

"You were amazing as always, darling," he smiles proudly, before turning to Blue, "And thank you, for giving me the chance to see Y/N go all-out in battle - it's been a while!"

"Anytime!" Blue says, before adding with a smirk, "But don't think you'll beat me next time! After that, I want to beat you just like I want to beat Red."