Chapter 1

Delilah's alarm went off at 6:30 am.  She climbed out of bed and started to get dressed. She then went downstairs eat her breakfast. "Good morning, Lila." Charlie greeted.

"Good morning, Dad." Delilah said. She grabbed a chocolate chip muffin and sat at the table with her father. Chocolate chip muffins and cinnamon rolls were favorite breakfast meal and tended to have one or the other every morning.

Charlie and her best friend, Seth, are the only people that Delilah allows to call her Lila. She won't even let her twin sister, Bella or their mother call her Lila. Delilah has lived with her father since she was five after she begged her mother to let her stay when her and Bella spent a summer in Forks. She loved her dad very much and was truly a daddy's girl. Bella lived with their mother and their mother's boyfriend in Phoenix.

"Do you need help with your shoes?" Charlie asked.

"Yes please." Delilah answered.

Charlie bent down to help Delilah tie her shoes. Delilah had some coordination issues with her hands and feet. She has trouble with things like tying her shoes, putting her hair up, and writing. She also has balance issues.

By 7:30, Delilah had finished eating and was ready to go. Delilah was very schedule oriented and she wasn't happy when her schedule was altered. "Bye Dad." She said, picking up her bag.

"Have a good day at school, sweetheart." Charlie said.

Delilah walked outside and climbed onto her Razor electric scooter, heading to the high school. It was the beginning of a new school year. She was a freshman and had just started at the high school. Delilah was the first one to arrive at school. She liked getting to school early. It was mainly so she could ask her teachers for any help she needed on her homework.

Delilah parked her scooter and walked into the school. She put her stuff in her locker, grabbing the books she needed for the morning, and headed to her home room. Her home room teacher waved to her as she walked in. Delilah wasn't one for much talking. She wasn't a non-verbal autistic. She can talk. But, she stutters a lot, so she doesn't want to. All of her teachers knew this by now and never made her talk more than she wanted to.

After home room, Delilah made her way to her first class, which was Science.

"Hi Delilah." Lauren, her paraprofessional, greeted. Delilah waved to Lauren as she sat at her desk and opened her science notebook.

The morning went on like any other day. Unlike most kids, Delilah loved school and enjoyed it. Even if she struggled with it. At lunch, Delilah grabbed some food and sat down at an empty table. She took her book out, and started to read. She had her headphones on because of how loud it gets in the cafeteria.

While she read, she felt a presence near her. Delilah looked up to see a short girl with a jet black pixie hairstyle. By the pale complexion and unique eye color, Delilah knew this to be one of the Cullens. At least one of them were in her each of her classes. The girl standing before her was Alice. She was in English with Delilah.

"Hello." Alice greeted, politely.

"Hello." Delilah said.

"I was just wondering if you wanted to come sit with me and my siblings." Alice said, nodding her head over to where her siblings were.

Delilah thought for a moment. She didn't really like meeting new people. It overwhelmed her.

"Or I can sit here and it can just be the two of us, if you want." Alice added. "I just figured you could have someone to sit with at lunch." Delilah nodded and Alice sat down across from her. "I'm Alice." She introduced.