Chapter 11

One night, Delilah was at the Cullen house working on homework. She had taken a break and fell asleep watching tv. It was getting close to dinner time.

"Should we call Charlie?" Alice asked.

"Yeah." Esme said. "Tell him that we're more than happy to have her stay the night, if he's ok with that."

"What's going on?" Carlisle asked as he walked into the house from work.

"Delilah fell asleep watching tv after taking a break from her homework." Alice said. "We were going to call Charlie and see if he wanted her home or if he was okay with her staying the night."

"I can call him." Carlisle said, dialing his number.

"Hello?" Charlie answered.

"Hi, Charlie. It's Carlisle." Carlisle greeted.

"Oh hi." Charlie said. "Is Delilah alright?"

"Yeah, she's fine." Carlisle assured him. "She just fell asleep over here and we were wondering if you wanted us to bring her home or if you're okay with her staying the night here."

"I don't have an issue with her staying the night, but you'll need to wake her up now." Charlie explained. "When she was little, I used have a difficult time getting her to see at night if she slept at all during the day and it's something she never grew out of."

"Alright." Carlisle said. "We'll send Alice over to get some of Delilah's stuff for her."

"Okay." Charlie said.

"Bye Charlie." Carlisle said before hanging up.

"I'll go wake Delilah." Esme said, walking into the living room. "Delilah." She gently woke her up.

Delilah woke up.

"Hey." Esme said.

"What's going on?" Delilah asked.

"You fell asleep watching tv." Esme explained.

Delilah looked up at the tv.

"We called your Dad and he said it was okay for you to stay the night, if you like." Esme continued.

"Okay." Delilah said.

"Are you hungry?" Esme asked. "I can make you dinner."

"Yes, please." Delilah answered.

"Is spaghetti and meatballs okay with you?" Esme asked.

"Can you make it with Alfredo sauce?" Delilah asked. "I don't like tomato sauce."

"I can do that." Esme said. "It'll be ready in a little bit."

"Okay." Delilah said.

Rosalie was standing in the doorway. "Delilah, do you want to finish your homework until dinner's ready?" She asked.

"Is Alice here?" Delilah asked.

"She isn't at the moment, but I can help if you're comfortable with it." Rosalie said.

Delilah nodded and followed Rosalie out of the room.

A little bit later, Delilah was in the kitchen eating the dinner that Esme made.

"Hi Delilah." Carlisle greeted. "How are you?"

"I'm good." Delilah answered.

"Do you mind if I talk to you for a minute?" Carlisle asked.

"Uh, sure." Delilah replied. "I guess."

Carlisle took a seat next to Delilah. "I wanted to ask you if you would be okay with me helping you with your autism." Carlisle started.

"Help me how?" Delilah asked.

"Well, I can help you find ways to cope when you have a bad day like that one day." Carlisle explained. "And your Dad said you had some physical disabilities. I could do physical therapy with you."

Delilah just nodded.

"And this is completely up to you." Carlisle added. "If you don't want me to help you, I'll understand."

"No, it's fine with me." Delilah said.

"Are you sure?" Carlisle asked.

"Yes." Delilah said.

"Alright." Carlisle said.

Alice walked into the kitchen. "Delilah, I have your stuff for when you're ready." She said.

"Okay." Delilah said.

When she finished eating, she brought her plate to Esme. "Thank you for the meal." Delilah said.

"You're welcome, Delilah." Esme said.

"Is it alright if I use a bathroom to take a bath?" Delilah asked.

"Of course." Esme said. "One of the girls can show you to the guest room."

Rosalie was standing in the doorway, waiting. Delilah followed her.

"Here's a towel, washcloth, and you can use my shampoo and body wash." Rosalie said, handing her the stuff.

"Thank you." Delilah said, heading into the bathroom.

Once she finished, Alice was waiting for her.

"Do you want to watch tv for a little bit before going to bed?" She asked.

"Sure." Delilah said.

"I can comb out your hair, if you'd like." Alice offered as they headed downstairs to the living room, where some of the others were.

"Okay!" Delilah said. "Where's Emmett and Jasper?"

"They're out." Rosalie answered.

"What would you like to watch, Delilah?" Esme asked.

"I'm not sure." Delilah said.

"I know you like reading the Little House on the Prairie books." Alice said. "Do you like watching the tv show, too?"

"Oh. Yes!" Delilah said. "Is it alright if we watch it?"

"Of course, Delilah." Edward said.

"Let me see if I can find it." Alice said.

"It'll most likely be on one the channels that have the older shows on it." Carlisle said.

It didn't take Alice long to find the show and they all watched it. They were all quite glad to see how happy it made Delilah.