Chapter 4

Delilah was getting ready for gym in the girls locker room. When she walked out into the gym, she was trying to tie her shoes.

"Do you want some help?" She heard someone ask.

Delilah looked up to see Jasper standing there. Delilah nodded. Jasper helped her tie her shoes. "Thank you." Delilah said.

"You're welcome." Jasper said with a small smile.

During class, they played soccer. At one point, Delilah wasn't paying attention and was hit with a ball. She lost her balance and fell, hitting her head and passing out.

Delilah woke up in the ER hospital. She looked around at her surroundings and realized she was in the hospital. She couldn't remember how she ended up here.

"Glad to see you're awake, Delilah." Delilah heard a male's voice. She looked up to see a young man leaning against the sink counter. The similar skin color and gold eyes told her this was the Cullens father, Dr. Cullen. Delilah didn't see her father anywhere. She was in a room with someone she didn't know and she couldn't remember how she ended up here. She was starting to get overwhelmed.

Carlisle walked towards Delilah, hearing her heart start to race.

"No!" Delilah said. "P-P-please don't t-t-touch me!"

"Ok. I'm sorry." Carlisle said, putting his hands up and backing up.

"What ha-ha-happened?" Delilah asked.

"You were in gym class when you were hit with a ball and it knocked you out." Carlisle explained. "Alice called me and brought you here."

"Where's my Dad?" Delilah asked.

"We called him and he's on his way." Carlisle answered.

"I'm s-s-sorry." Delilah said. "You're just t-trying to do your job and I'm making it d-difficult for you."

"It's ok, Delilah." Carlisle said. "I can wait until your father gets here, if that makes you more comfortable."

Delilah nodded. She took one of her fidget toys out of her backpack and started playing with it, to keep herself calm. Delilah had always liked playing with a ball-type toys because she liked the roundness.

They patiently waited until Charlie came into the room. "Delilah, are you ok?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Dad." Delilah said.

"What happened?" Charlie asked, turning to Carlisle.

"From what my daughter told me, Delilah was hit with a ball during gym class and fell." Carlisle explained. "She called me and brought her here. Delilah was unconscious for a little bit."

"You were hit in the head and passed out?" Charlie asked.

"I didn't pass out from getting hit in the head." Delilah said. Both men looked at her with confusion. "I lost my balance when I was hit and fell." Delilah continued.

"She has balance issues." Charlie explained. Carlisle nodded.

"I'm fine, Dad." Delilah said.

"Is she ok?" Charlie asked.

"I haven't examined her yet because she was more comfortable waiting until you got here." Carlisle explained before turning to Delilah. "Is it ok if I examine you now?"

Delilah nodded. Carlisle started to examine her.

"Did you know that 11,000 guests were invited to the opening of Disneyland, but 28,000 people ended up attending because of counterfeit tickets." Delilah randomly said.

"I didn't know that, but it's interesting to hear." Carlisle said.

"Delilah likes to tell people facts, especially when she's nervous." Charlie explained.

"It's fine." Carlisle said with a chuckle. "So, you like Disney."

"I love Disney." Delilah said.

Carlisle chuckled again. "Does your head hurt?" He asked, continuing to examine her. Delilah nodded, wincing as he lightly pressed on her forehead. "Are you hurting anywhere else?" Carlisle asked.

"I don't think so." Delilah said.

"Well, I do want to get some scans and X-rays for your head." Carlisle said.

"Alright." Charlie said.

"You're welcome to accompany Delilah, if she would be more comfortable with that." Carlisle said.

Charlie looked at his daughter, who nodded. Carlisle brought Delilah to get some scans done.

A few minutes later, the three of them were back in the exam room. "It looks like you suffered a mild concussion." Carlisle said as he looked at the scans before turning to Delilah.

"Delilah takes dance classes three times a week." Charlie explained while Carlisle put a brace on Delilah's arm. "And she's supposed to go tonight. I'm assuming she shouldn't participate tonight?"

"Definitely not tonight." Carlisle said. "I'd advise that she shouldn't participate for the rest of this week."

"Ok." Charlie said.

"You can take Tylenol or ibuprofen for the pain." Carlisle said to Delilah. "If you have any issues from the head injury, you're welcome to call me."

"Thank you, Dr. Cullen." Charlie said.

"Of course." Carlisle said.

Delilah and Charlie walked out of the room. "Are you ok?" Charlie asked.

"I'm fine, Dad." Delilah said. "It was only an accident."

"Alright." Charlie said.

They walked out to Charlie's cruiser and headed home. Charlie took off work the rest of the day because he didn't want to leave Delilah at home alone.