Chapter 12

The next morning, Delilah woke up to a light knocking on the bedroom door.

"Delilah, you need to get up for school." She heard Esme say.

"I'm up." Delilah said with a yawn.

"Alright." Esme said. "I'll have breakfast ready when come downstairs."

Delilah climbed out of the bed. When she looked at the time, she saw it was past when she usually gets up. She rushed to get dressed so she could eat and get to school as quickly as she could. Once dressed, she headed downstairs.

"What's the rush?" Emmett asked.

"Why didn't you wake me earlier?" Delilah asked Esme. "I don't have time to get to school."

"You have plenty of time to eat and get to school." Esme replied.

"No!" Delilah exclaimed in frustration. Tears started to roll down her cheek and she was breathing heavily.

Carlisle slowly walked over to her as he didn't want to upset her more.

"Delilah." He said, cautiously putting his hand on her shoulder. She pushed him away. "Why don't we go up to my office." Carlisle suggested.

Delilah nodded and let Carlisle lead her up to his office.

Delilah was now crying and breathing even heavier as Carlisle sat her on the couch.

"Delilah." He said trying to get her attention. "Take a couple deep breaths for me."

Delilah calmed a little bit.

"There you go." Carlisle said. "Can I ask what has you so upset?"

"I like getting up early and going to school early." Delilah explained. "I know you guys didn't know. I shouldn't of gotten mad at Esme. I just don't like my schedule getting messed up. I should have told you guys last night. I'm really sorry." Carlisle could see her getting worked up again.

"Hey, it's okay." He assured her, attempting to calm her down again. "It's okay. Esme isn't upset because you yelled at her. And we didn't mean to upset you. We're sorry."

Delilah nodded. 

"I have something for you." Carlisle said, going over to his desk.

"What?" Delilah asked, her curiosity piqued.

"A journal." Carlisle said as he handed her a notebook. "Since it's difficult for you to express your feelings, you can use the journal to write out your feelings whenever you're having a bad or good day. Or write whatever you'd like."

"Thank you." Delilah said, taking the notebook.

"You're welcome, Delilah." Carlisle said. "Now, why don't you go downstairs and have some breakfast."

Delilah nodded and headed downstairs.

Later that day, Carlisle was in his office at the hospital when his office phone started ringing.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hi Carlisle." Charlie said. "It's Charlie."

"Hello Charlie." Carlisle greeted. "What can I do for you?"

"I just wanted to see how Delilah was last night and this morning." Charlie replied.

"Last night went fine." Carlisle answered. "There was a little bit of an issue this morning, though."

"What happened?" Charlie asked.

"She was a little upset that we got her up later than she wanted to." Carlisle explained.

"Was she late for school?" Charlie asked.

"Not at all. We got her up early enough for her to get school on time." Carlisle said. "She just wanted to get up earlier than that."

"Yeah, she likes getting up early so she can go into school early." Charlie said. "I should have told you that yesterday."

"We did apologize." Carlisle said. "We never meant to upset her."

"It's not your guys fault. You didn't know." Charlie said. "She'll be alright." Charlie said. "I'm sure she still enjoyed staying the night."

"Delilah's welcome to stay the night whenever she likes and we know for the future." Carlisle said.

"Thank you for telling me what happened." Charlie said.

"Of course." Carlisle said.

The two hung up and went back to their respective jobs.

AN: I'm sure you guys are probably wondering when Bella is going show up in the story. Basically, this story starts off taking place two years before Twilight and I have a bunch of chapters planned that take place before Bella moves to, so it'll be awhile for Bella to show up. With that said, I'm trying to decide if I should make the first two years and the Twilight saga two separate books or if I should put it all in one book. Please give me feedback on this. Also, let me know if you like Emmett calling Delilah "Little Swan" as a nickname.